Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just saw Coke products in 20can cases.

What's the deal I just went to Woodman's and paid $5.79 for a 20 pack of Coke Zero. I didn't see any 24 packs and this was for Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc. When did this start?

Quote Originally Posted by meetingpeopleiseasy View Post
    What's the deal I just went to Woodman's and paid $5.79 for a 20 pack of Coke Zero. I didn't see any 24 packs and this was for Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc. When did this start?
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be going to the Kenosha,WI Woodman's next week. The new 20 pks sort of reminds me of the lyric from the American Pie song...."The day the music died."
    What a nice deal for the loyal Coca Cola family of soda pop drinkers...NOT!!!!!
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Default Coca-Cola 20 Pks

We recently ran an 4-day ad with the Piggly Wiggly stores which they were selling them for $4.99; It went over pretty well actually. Wal-Mart used to carry this package, probably about 10 years ago. Would you like to pay $7.29 (Sale Price) for a 24 Pk or 5.99 (Sale Price) for a 20 Pk? Both come out to about $0.30 a can, so it does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by joshal1980 View Post
    We recently ran an 4-day ad with the Piggly Wiggly stores which they were selling them for $4.99; It went over pretty well actually. Wal-Mart used to carry this package, probably about 10 years ago. Would you like to pay $7.29 (Sale Price) for a 24 Pk or 5.99 (Sale Price) for a 20 Pk? Both come out to about $0.30 a can, so it does not matter.
    What does matter is that I used to pay $5.79 for a 24 pack.

The one place that I've seen these, they also offered the 24pk as a step-up from the 20pk. See picture below:

Also, they were available in Coke, Diet, Zero and Sprite.

Found the 20 packs (Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Zero) in Emporium, Pennsylvania yesterday. $5.99 each.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

We have 20-packs of Coke, Diet, Sprite, Caffiene Diet in Canada. The price of a 24 was almost $10 so they cut out 4 cans and kept the original 24 price. People don't usually notice. We sell more 12 packs in our store anyway since the almost always have them on for 3/10 or 2/7 etc.

Its the slow sales of take home package, or should I say the increasing price of take home. Coke switched packages, and previous to Coke, Pepsi has already switched packages. 8 packs and 18 packs for Pepsi. Giving an everyday price of $2.99 in the grocery for an 8 pack. The smaller packages at more competative prices are being desiged to look more appealing on what the customers will spend their $5 on.

$5.79 is a bargain basement price for a 24 pack, that couldn't last forever. Either the price was going to go up, or they were going to switch to a 20 pack.

Our 24 packs are currently $6.98 at Walmart, which is one of the few places we carry them. I figure we'll switch back to the 20 pack eventually as well, I remember them when I was a kid.

8 pack Pepsi from a Save Mart (California) ad.