Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amps weak new energy shot

I have not tried one but I saw on the Amp site it only contains 80 mg of caffeine? Come on that is less than half of what is in the new Rockstar shot. Maybe they got prilabs to help them formulate it lol. With the segment Amp is going for I think this is a little on the weak side. 80 might be ok for the office and 5 hour energy fans but not for extreme sports and younger people. I did not even see any B vitamins or for that matter any other energy ingredients at all. Any thoughts?
    banned

How often will they change the packaging

Whats the point???? 80mg? No B12?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Default come on

No one got my prilabs joke? Initially I was put off by the low caffeine but when I posted this I checked their site again and looked over ingredients. If they were smart they would of hid the low caffeine in a proprietary blend. O wait there is nothing to even make a blend with. Really I am no industry insider or anything but surely their experts could do better than this. I guess if you sell it for the same price as other shots you can make a good profit from not using any ingredients.
    banned

Maybe, just maybe, PepsiCo is trying to take the formulation high road and error to the conservative side thinking that here may be a backlash against the huge amounts of caffeine and other ingredients that are currently in this type of product. Having a product that is only 2-3 oz makes it very easy for people to slam several of these in a relatively short period of time making the consumption of 1000mg of caffeine very attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by jetset View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, PepsiCo is trying to take the formulation high road and error to the conservative side thinking that here may be a backlash against the huge amounts of caffeine and other ingredients that are currently in this type of product. Having a product that is only 2-3 oz makes it very easy for people to slam several of these in a relatively short period of time making the consumption of 1000mg of caffeine very attainable.
    I'm not buying this argument. The cost alone of this segment is what keeps people from buying 3,4-5 and slamming them all.
    We are talking energy drinks. Energy drinks are functional beverages...What Pepsico has offered up, if all numbers are accurate, is an ever so minor upgrade in caffeine content of the original Mtn Dew. (+~30mg).
    I still believe that substance sells in this category along with taste. Even if this shot tasted exactly like Mtn Dew, but provided just a littel more kick, I don't think it will survive. Like I said earlier, the cost in this segment will surely be its downfall. Even if the cost were $1 then it would die just the same due to the perception of it being cheap and no good.
    If Pepsico is going to use the Mtn Dew brand to sell its energy shot it better bring a product that reflects what Mtn Dew demographihcs have come to expect from anything labeled "Mtn Dew".
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

high in B-vitamins and many other suplimental aids. simply not listed on site.

Greg,
    Well said!
    In my way of thinking (which is slightly demented). LOL
    A dog is a dog....not a cat.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Greg- It is really hard to say what PepsiCo's whole plan is on this product and I agree that it won't give the hit that most shot consumers expect considering that it has 1/2 or 1/3 the caffeine of the shots that are on the market today - but since MD has 55mg caffeine per can, it does equal downing ~ 1.5 cans. I did check out the Amp site and was actually blown away at the number of calories in this thing also - they have formulated a product with all sugar for a calorie hit of 40 per 2oz with a whopping 9g of carbohydrates per bottle. I think this alone is going to turn some people away from this product.

Default wow

They really should list that on their site. They list ingredients like yellow 5 and sodium benzoate and totally leave out the important stuff. Someone really needs to fix that on the website. Still though I think for their market it is on the weak side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swedelson View Post
    high in B-vitamins and many other suplimental aids. simply not listed on site.
    banned