Bevboard

Thread: Red Rock??

Default Red Rock??

Is Red Rock still in business? I was thinking someone here recently posted a picture of cans they'd found somewhere in the South US. They've been out of stock on a couple of the online shops for months now, but those shops only sell glass bottles, so maybe that is why they are short?

Yes, they're still around. Finding the stuff isn't easy, though. My wife loves it. She drove to West Jefferson and bought a case of it (in glass bottles) a couple of months ago. It seems to be available in lots of places in the mountains of NC and TN. We also found 6-packs of the glass bottles at a Kroger store in Myrtle Beach, SC last summer.

We found a fridgepack of canned Red Rock Cola in Andrews, NC last spring, but it was sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup instead of sugar. According to the label, the canned version came from Alabama.

Thanks!

IIRC, Cheerwine is also sweetened with sugar in glass bottles, but HFCS in cans. I wonder if there is some reason that they change to HFCS for cans?

The Cheerwine in glass bottles comes from West Jefferson. I believe that all of the non-diet drinks bottled in WJ use sugar instead of HFCS.

The Red Rock in cans that I found in Alabama came from Big Springs aka Huntsville Coca-Cola. They produce a lot of non-Coke stuff in their bottling plant.