Bevboard


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Default Pepsi needs to bring back the old logo

    I AM A HUGE PEPSI FAN BUT HATE THE FACT THAT THEY CHANGED FROM THE COOLEST LOGO EVER TO SOME WIERD LOGO

    Last edited by Crystal Pepsi; 10-24-2008 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    San Ramon, Ca, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    We like the old logos because it is what we are used to. I think the new logos are a big change. But in 10 or 15 years when they change them again, we will be saying "Bring back the old logos". I just got a 40's replica Pepsi - Cola sweatshirt from Amazon.com. Looks awsome, love the old design. But it is obviously dated. Besides, if we all bought our drinks based on the logo, Jones Soda would be #1.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swedelson View Post
    We like the old logos because it is what we are used to. I think the new logos are a big change. But in 10 or 15 years when they change them again, we will be saying "Bring back the old logos". I just got a 40's replica Pepsi - Cola sweatshirt from Amazon.com. Looks awsome, love the old design. But it is obviously dated. Besides, if we all bought our drinks based on the logo, Jones Soda would be #1.
    LOL Ron (great to see you posting again) I saw your point until the Jones logo comment. LMAO
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Douglas, WY
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    I mentioned this in the other thread about the new smile logo - for years now I've always thought their 1987-91 era logo had an intrinsic "smile" to it. Whenever I see it on an old vending machine (or on items in my collection of Pepsi stuff) I've always thought that got that logo right. Classic in that it was a subtle update of the 73-87 logo, but the curved letters plus the larger "pepsi ball" effect combined to give it a friendly smiley look. It just looks, happy I guess. At least to me it did. But... Pepsi is always a company that looks forward, not backward. So they had to change to that godawful red/white/dark blue logo for most of the 1990s. That change is what got me started into collecting Pepsi stuff, actually. Then in like 1998, the logo got better. The tweak they gave it a few years ago, not the greatest but still OK. But now!... this newest one..... horrible!

    So I say, bring this one back!!!

    -Andy

    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    749

    Default

    I have no problem with change in and of itself. I just think the new logos for Pepsi and Mountain Dew are butt-ugly.
    Last edited by mjb1124; 10-27-2008 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjb1124 View Post
    I have no problem with change in and of itself. I just think the new logos for Pepsi and Mountain Dew are butt-ugly.
    I second that notion. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    4

    Default

    As long as they do not change the formula for Pepsi I could care less what the can looks like!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Douglas, WY
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Well, they could do something about that corn syrup ingredient....
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ok
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Well, they could do something about that corn syrup ingredient....
    in due time grasshopper. I think you may be surprised at what is coming....
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint View Post
    in due time grasshopper. I think you may be surprised at what is coming....
    Saint..Ok, can you at least give us a hint? Beginning,middle or end
    of the calendar year will this be happening? Roll out or test market?
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 11-14-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •