Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Pepsi One is discontinued...

According to Wikipedia, Pepsi One has been discontinued and replaced with Pepsi Max.

Pepsi ONE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And while wikipedia.com is not always reliable, the article is probably accurate considering that Pepsi One was not included in the new packaging designs passed around by Pepsico.

I don't think wiki is right about this. A lot of Pepsi products (wild cherry, lime, vanilla, mug, etc...) have not yet been included in the re-design. I'm sure they will all follow suit but it is too soon to say Max has replaced One. They are two unique products with different target markets. That said, I'm sure some individual bottlers have dropped Pepsi One to manage sku proliferation. In our market for example, you can only find One in 12 packs. Just a year ago you could get a 12 pack, 24 pack, or 20oz.

Cool

aren't pepsi one and max both aimed at the same market as coke zero (young males)?

personally, i think pepsi one tasted better before they added splenda. for some reason, splenda has an odd taste to me (though i realize many people love it).

until coke zero came out, pepsi one was probably the best tasting diet cola (until they added splenda), in my opinion. i've tried pepsi max and didn't like it at all (though i'm not sure how sales are for it).

Max is indeed aimed at the young male demograhic like zero. I'm not exactly sure who One is going after but it seems to appeal to the "splenda mom". I could be wrong.

Wonder what would happen if they reformulated One, Max, or even Diet Pepsi with Pure Via?

Who cares? I bet I couldn't even find one person who drank that stuff.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by meetingpeopleiseasy View Post
    Who cares? I bet I couldn't even find one person who drank that stuff.
    i worked with some lady who used to bring in her own pepsi one. but, clearly, most people drink diet coke, diet pepsi and, now, coke zero.

coke zero gets a lot more shelf space than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    i worked with some lady who used to bring in her own pepsi one. but, clearly, most people drink diet coke, diet pepsi and, now, coke zero.

coke zero gets a lot more shelf space than it used to.
    and this "lady" existed in your mind. Correct?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by meetingpeopleiseasy View Post
    and this "lady" existed in your mind. Correct?
    nope. she was real. she'd have a pepsi one every night... until she retired to her ranch in the country with her horses, dogs and other assorted animals.

i was the coke zero guy. i had to hide it in the cupboards though because some people would break into it and drink it.

It actually moves fast enough to stay fresh around here so I guess someone is drinking it. Who knows?

pepsi one is hard to keep on the shelves.. 2 liters or 12pack cans..it has a loyal following.