Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Citibank-A Short Rant

Thank you f%*&ing much Citibank. You take $20 billion from taxpayers(me) and then a few weeks later take another $25billion again. You keep intact a $400mm deal with the Mets to "name" their new ballpark after your failing company and then on top of all that you have the audacity to screw me twice.

First- You use my tax dollars to bailout your bad decisons,

Second- You raise my interest rate from 5% to 18% overnight while I have been an exemplary customer never being late on a payment, never going over my credit limit, or never asking for an an extension or credit increase.

You just lost a customer!!! I am paying off my credit card and I will NEVER come back to you again.
    Forget the "opt out" clause I found buried in the middle of the 6 page notice you sent me. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops as a valuable customer. Reserve your screwing for the customers and the decison makers that put you in this crisis to begin with, NOT ME!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Been hearing a lot of stories like that especially on financial shows from call in people. Banks care not for their people they care for their bank..as such I use them for that. Credit Unions are the way to go.

Cool

someone get this guy an ice cold...

...soda, pronto!

Hold the caffeine.
    Hang in there Greg.
    Times of tough for all of us Soda Pop Freaks.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    Hold the caffeine.
    Hang in there Greg.
    Times of tough for all of us Soda Pop Freaks.
    I know times are tough, but this isn't just about my interest rate going up...it is about the Amewrican Taxpayer gettiong screwed all the way around. First we "bail" them out, then they stick it to us again. Congress sits up there and spends our money freely by bailing these companies out all the while the executives still get bonuses and multi-million dollar salaries.

Maybe I missed the day in business school where I could run a company into the ground and get to keep my job, my salary, a pretty bonus, my perks, and require my customer to pay me double in the form of increased fees and a government handout funded by my very same customer!!!

Too long didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by meetingpeopleiseasy View Post
    Too long didn't read.
    ..........................part of the problem right here.

( I remember your dry wit and sarcasm, nice touch)

When you call to close your account,as I did last week for the same reason (apr jumped from 5.99 "fixed" rate to 18.99 due to "market conditions, not to mention the 3 times my account "may have been compromised by online hackers" which I never used the card online, whatever citibank) I was never late, never over limit, same as you. I had to talk to 5 different people, (3 of which I could not understand what they were saying their english was so bad) before I got rude and hateful with them. the last lady I talked to was just so darn cheerful I had a hard time telling her to kiss my ass & I didn't want her check for $20,000 at an extremely low fixed rate of 1.99% for the life of the balance. Needless to say they will keep my account on standby for up to a full year in case I make a rational decision to take their extremely generous offer and come back.

speaking of the bailout did you know that if you take the realistic amount of money handed over to these companies since the onslaught with Freddie and Fannie (close to an estimated $7 trillion) and using something that everyone can relate to ( being most people cannot realistically imagine what having just 1 million would be like) TIME, one dollar being equal to one second. one Million seconds is roughly 12 days ago, one Billion seconds would be sometime back in 1977, one TRILLION seconds would be 26,860 B.C. (yes before Christ was born so 28,868 years ago) and the 7 TRILLION well that would be 219,960 B.C. In other words if one dollar of what has been spent (up until this point) was to begin being paid back every second of every day it would take 222,000 YEARS to pay back just the principal amount. I wonder when the masses are going to realize this is not something that just printing out more money is going to fix.
    Has anyone else wondered, now that the government owns large portions of all of these financial institutions and banks, and WHEN the government gives the big 3 automakers their bailout (I am sure it will be in the form of stock in the companies), how long is it going to be before you cannot get a loan for ANY car other that one of the BIG 3???
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I stopped using credit cards about 10 years ago.
    I pay by debit card or cash. If I do not have the money
    in my account then I do not buy it. I have to save and plan
    on buying what I need.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Do as I do. At the end of the month, pay your bill in full...presto they can raise the interest rate as high as they want...I don't pay interest on my credit cards. I use them the proper way. I pay my bill in full each month. Voila, problem solved.