Bevboard

Default What is a brand or trade mark worth?

I am the creator of a new zealand registered trademark for a coffee related beverage and I am wondering how one goes about finding the value of this. The word could be used for either a cafe or cafe service or beverage. Does the fact that the word has been used overseas add any significant value? The word was historically (as far as I can ascertain) created by me and while I do not have any protection overseas (other than here in NZ) I can only guess that the word was seen after my publishing of it...in various ways. I am considering selling it (the name) which is why I ask these questions.

Not to be obvious, but the value is zero. Until you find someone who you can pursuade into believing that your brand or trademark can be valuable to them. Then it wil be up to them to asign a value to your idea and offer you an amount for it.

Until someone else finds it valuable, the current value is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Soda-MN-Good View Post
    Not to be obvious, but the value is zero. Until you find someone who you can pursuade into believing that your brand or trademark can be valuable to them. Then it wil be up to them to asign a value to your idea and offer you an amount for it.

Until someone else finds it valuable, the current value is zero.
    Very well said!
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 12-16-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

And here I was thinking this was going to be another person shaking their head at what Pepsi's done to their trademark...!
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!