Bevboard

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback

It appears Pepsi Bottling Ventures will be releasing versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew this spring made with sugar instead of HFCS. They'll be known as Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback. It's mentioned in this article: Bottler of the Year: Pepsi Bottling Ventures - Cover Story - Beverage Industry

and also in this message board post, four down, by ffmariners: Target: Four 12 packs of Mountain Dew for $5.51 + tax (YMMV, of course!) - Page 6 - SlickDeals.net Forums

although his information is somewhat dubious, as he includes Diet Pepsi and I don't believe Diet Pepsi would have ever contained sugar. Nonetheless, it appears to be real and coming soon :-).

LOL, maybe for Diet Pepsi they'll go back to the sodium saccharin and cyclamates formula from the mid 1960s!

Throwback is going to the be name of the sugar-versions? Okay.... Maybe it won't be that odd Pepsi Retro formulation that is in Mexico after all.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Here's the logo from the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent find and background info, ThePieHole! For those of us who never got to experience Raw or Retro, this is a nice thing!

Ramon posted the Pepsi logo. I found the Dew logo as well:

Per my research jumping around USPTO, it appears that PepsiCo locked down both "Mountain Dew Throwback" and the new logo spelling, "Mtn Dew Throwback". By the looks of this image (and duh, because it's retro), looks like they went the sensible route.

I couldn't find any other products with a "Throwback" moniker. I was sort of hoping for "Slice Throwback", but given Pepsi's new deal with Crush, that wasn't a realistic hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerman View Post
    I was sort of hoping for "Slice Throwback", but given Pepsi's new deal with Crush, that wasn't a realistic hope.
    What? and get 10% real juice?

Hey Steve, thanks for the coverage!

Check it out guys, Steve at BevReview turned our forum post into a full-fledged blog post!

Pepsi Throwback, Mountain Dew Throwback » Pepsi-Cola Throwback, Mtn Dew Throwback, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, HFCS BevReview.com

Let's keep up the great research, as apparently Steve will be spreading it to the masses :-)

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Finally something that is actually interesting from Pepsi. Those tall aluminum bottles are cool too. I wonder if this throw back stuff will be packaged in a unique manner.

Well, it pretty much goes without saying what type of package I'd like it to be in...!
    -Andy

I certainly hope these products make it to the Boston area. Is there any info confirming the various Pepsi bottlers from all regions of the country will be producing the Throwback lines?

Now let us wish for Dr Pepper-Snapple to bring back RC Draft Cola and for Coca-Cola to do the right thing and have all bottlers produce sugar-sweetened sodas again.

we saw them in our sales meeting today and they are in a regular 20 oz bottle with the new label. Also Orange sierra mist is coming back and new ruby red sierra mist is coming. Also dt pepsi lemon is will be coming back.