Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Passover Coke 2009

Its that time of year again! Passover starts on April 9th this year. As in the past here is a quick rundown for anyone who doesn't know, why many people get excited over this.

If anyone doesn't know what it is, it is when Coke starts to produce Coke with REAL sugar instead of HFCS. They do this for the Jewish holiday of Passover, which you are not allowed to eat certain food items such as corn syrup, because of this Coke produces Coca-Cola and Sprite in 2L and sometimes in cans that have real sugar in it. You can tell Passover Coke from Regular Coke because it has yellow caps and has a KP on it or another kosher symbol with a P after it. They usually only produce them around cities with a fairly large Jewish population but most fairly big cities in the US (New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.) have them.
    Within the next few weeks, it will start showing up in stores!

To clarify a few things brought up in past years:
    1. Throughout the whole year, corn syrup is kosher and therefore most sodas are kosher. Passover coke doesn't mean that it is now kosher- it means that it is able to be consumed on passover. See Chametz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more information
    2. As in past years the only major sodas that are Kosher for Passover are:Coke, Sprite, Pepsi and Sierra Mist, as well as some diet varieties of these, although the diet passover versions are the same as the regular versions throughout the year
    3. You probably will not have to go into a special Jewish store to find it, although it can be helpful
    4. In past years cans of it have been sold in 6 packs NOT 12 packs
    5. No mycokerewards
    ---AzRocks----

Man, I am glad I live in Texas where you can find Coke from Mexico made with real sugar in almost every grocery and convenience store.

AzRocks, thanks for once again starting this "clearinghouse" topic on all things Kosher Coke

Just an FYI, here in the Chicago area, I've been able to consistently find both Kosher Coke and Kosher Pepsi on the North Shore at Hungarian Kosher Foods in Skokie. I know you can find it elsewhere, but it's pretty much guaranteed to always be at this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerman View Post
    AzRocks, thanks for once again starting this "clearinghouse" topic on all things Kosher Coke

Just an FYI, here in the Chicago area, I've been able to consistently find both Kosher Coke and Kosher Pepsi on the North Shore at Hungarian Kosher Foods in Skokie. I know you can find it elsewhere, but it's pretty much guaranteed to always be at this location.
    Bingo!!! Hungarian Kosher Foods is an all Kosher store that will have it for sure.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

When should one start looking for Passover Coke?

I would say start looking in about a week and half to two weeks. Depending where you are, it might not get to to you until later though.
    ---AzRocks----

Around here (Columbia, SC) the Publix in Trenholm Plaza has had Passover Coke in the past, and I don't see why they wouldn't again this year.

Does anyone know where Kosher Coke or Pepsi can be found in Knoxville, TN?

Thanks for your help!

I guess Seattle area is exempt from this.

I was able to find Kosher Coke at the Shaw's in Brighton, MA (Brighton Mills) last year and also found it at the Stop N Shop in Wakefield, MA.

I have not seen Kosher Pepsi anywhere in MA, anyknow been able to find it? I'd love to track some down