Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I don't like fountain Coke Zero

I love can Coke Zero and the Cherry Coke Zero (it's my main diet beverage).

However, I've tried the fountain Coke Zero now a bunch of times...and it just doesn't taste right to me. At first, I thought it was the location I was getting it at, but now I have tried it at a few different restaurants and my impression has been the same.

Honestly, I would rather have a fountain Diet Coke at McDonald's than a fountain Coke Zero (which may be a bit unfair since McDonald's does such a good job with their fountain drinks).

Anyone else disappointed with the fountain formulation of Coke Zero?

Cool

i've never found fountain coke zero yet.

is it possible that vendors are adjusting the syrup to their own personal liking... or, maybe, just being cheap... and not following coca-cola's specs?

fountain soda never tastes as good as the real thing though... for any soda. it's always weaker or more watered down.

Do you think it may have a different blend of artificial sweeteners than the canned and bottled versions of the drink?
    See this article about a lawsuit regarding the different formulations of Coke and Pepsi's fountain products.

Cool

that's probably exactly what it is, wally.

I think it has a lot to do with the location and the maintenance schedule for the machine. I've tried all that I can find in my area and I have to say Outback Steakhouse is my favorite. Chick fil A is also pretty good, I've found.

Here's a picture of a Coke Zero BIB label.

I think Pixel is right. I've tried fountain Coke Zero from several Chic-fil-A locations and several Hardee's locations. The Coke Zero was very good in every place except for one Hardee's. The bad Zero had a metallic aftertaste. Maybe it was mislabeled TaB....

The Coke Zero I used to get at Wendys and the Zero I got at Five Guys last month were much better than the Zero I drink from a can. Don't know why, maybe the temperature or drinking it thru a straw from an ice filled cup.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Coke Zero does seem to be a bit inconsistent in fountains. I have found that Wendy's generally has good Zero... too bad none of the locations around me carry it.

Looking at the ingredients... it's aspartame/ace-K just like the bottled version. Might be a different ratio though.

Cool

so it seems that some restaurants are adjusting the syrup/carbonation ratio.

i remember when i worked at baskin-robbins in college, my boss would add more syrup to the diet coke, because he liked it better that way... and so did most of the customers.