Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip To FL

Default Road Trip To FL

I'll be driving from Chicago to FL soon and was wondering if anyone out there can direct me to any places I should hit for glass bottled soda on the way. I will be traveling with others who may not want to stop for very long so it really has to be #1 - close to the highway route we will take and #2 - definitely be worth stopping for. West Jefferson and Sun Drop are (unfortunately) too far off the route, I-65 to I-24 to I-75.

75, you say? I'd highly recommend Jungle Jim's in Fairfield (Cincinnati) Ohio. If any of your friends are foodies, they'd love this place - they carry stuff from all over the world. They have a full wall of glass bottled soda, and some of the "country" sections have their own sodas as well. Not to mention the huge regular soda aisle.

Jungle Jim's International Market - Six Acres of Food Under One Roof - 5440 Dixie Hwy., Fairfield, OH 45014

Directions:
    Jungle Jim's International Market - Six Acres of Food Under One Roof - 5440 Dixie Hwy., Fairfield, OH 45014

I also noticed your username. You can buy Barq's Red Creme at JJ's, along with the ultra-rare diet Red Creme.
    Last edited by fusion; 03-09-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Here are the photos I took on my last trip there, in 2006.

Don't think JJ will work for him. He's leaving Chicago on 65 and picking up 24 at Nashville, although he could pick up 75 at Cincy instead.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I didn't look at his route fully before I posted. But I crunched some numbers and going through Cincy would add about an hour's drive time to the trip.

I may go to Cincy this summer, but not on this trip. I'm hoping to find someplace that sells Barq's Red Creme Soda for sure, but any location that sells soda in glass would be great.

I'm looking for different stuff than I get in IL. I can ususally find Sprecher's, Boylan's, Jones, Sioux City, Virgil's, Green River, etc. by me and I'm hoping to sample some stuff unique to the south. Any ideas?

When you go through the Chattanooga area, you could probably find some Double Cola products (Double Cola, Ski, Jumbo flavors), and when you go through the Atlanta area, you might be able to find Red Rock Cola and Red Rock Ginger Ale.

I know that Pibb Zero is also sold in Georgia -- is it available in Chicago?

I just got back from Florida and here is what I picked up along the way:

The only thing I couldn't find along the I95 corridor that I really wanted was West Jefferson Dr Pepper. Most of their other products were available at the places I stopped in Virgina and South Carolina, so I grabbed a bunch of those varieties.

The only place I've ever found West Jefferson Dr Pepper outside of Ashe County North Carolina is Myrtle Beach in 2000. I'm not saying you won't find it other places but I've looked in many places in NC, SC and Virginia with no luck.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Very thankful to see the NEHI's
    I would love to have a cold bottle of Grape NEHI to savor.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba