Bevboard

Cool Chicago Cubs: beverage fountain in dugout

I noticed that the dugouts at Wrigley Field now have a Gatorade drink machine.
    How cool is that. I think I counted 6 nozzles. I wounder if Pepsi is one of the choices
    as Pepsi is the main sponsor of the Chicago Cubs.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I've got a friend who works in concessions management at Wrigley (ironically, he's a White Sox fan ). I'll see if he can get you an answer as to what's available down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    I noticed that the dugouts at Wrigley Field now have a Gatorade drink machine.
    How cool is that. I think I counted 6 nozzles..
    Well, I guess that shows you they never expect to win anything big, no more ice cooler to dump on the coach...

Sounds like it won't make it to the playoffs though...

05/27/09 7:09 PM ET CHICAGO -- At this rate, the Gatorade dispenser in the Cubs dugout will not last the entire season.

Carlos Zambrano attacked it with a bat on Wednesday after he was ejected in the seventh inning for arguing a close play at the plate with home-plate umpire Mark Carlson in the Cubs' 5-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates....

....It's been a wild season for the Cubs. Bradley was ejected April 16 after his first plate appearance at Wrigley Field when he was called out on strikes. Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly was tossed Monday after arguing with then home-plate umpire Bob Davidson about concentrating. That's when Dempster knocked the cover off the dispenser.

"That Gatorade thing keeps taking a beating," said Johnson, who hit a tie-breaking solo homer in the eighth on Wednesday. "We'll get some bandaids on it tomorrow."
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

RIP....CUB fountain got beat to death. LOL

Cubs' Gatorade dispenser RIP
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

The 6 nozzles involved produced the following:
    • Gatorade Lemon-Lime
    • Gatorade Fruit Punch
    • Gatorade Lemon-Lime
    • Water
    • Water
    • Water
    As Zabe noted, the fountain is getting yanked from the dugout. I wasted some time and pulled together some additional photos and video regarding the attack if you are interested -- give it a read