Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The glorious return of Game Fuel

I'm not into either Halo or World of Warcraft, but I loved Mountain Dew Game Fuel and was psyched about its return. Today I spotted both the original and the new blue flavor. The original of course was as good as I remembered. The blue one, as some suspected, tastes similar to Revolution, but has a somewhat more intense fruit flavor and an aftertaste similar to original GF. Thumbs up to both.

So has anyone seen/tried it yet? The interactive site has gone live, and prizes have started "dropping" as of this past Friday, so it certainly suggests that the drinks are available somewhere.

It is hitting the shelves in OKC on Monday, not sure if just local or if a nat'l date of release.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Hi all, I guess this is my first post here. Been lurking for some time now. Anyway, both flavors are available in the Boston area, found both at the Tedeschi in Allston and the original Game Fuel only at the Cleveland Circle 7-11. Can't remember Revolution well enough to compare the Alliance flavor to that one, but it had an artificial berry-type flavor that I didn't find terribly agreeable. The color's quite striking and will hang out on your tongue for a while. The red one's about what you'd expect if you had Game Fuel last year.

I don't think I'll be picking up the blue one again, especially not while Voltage is out, but I do like the original Game Fuel in small doses, I guess. Wake me up when Pitch Black comes back around.

20oz for both flavors came out in our area last saturday for a few supermarket chains..everything authorized in all our accounts this week including 12oz cans. Original game fuel..good as always..the new one wasn't all that spectacular but I liked it.

Spotted it here today in Delaware. Produced at plant CE (Philly), so it should be available in PA as well.

I tried the new one & it was pretty good. But I like the original better.

Gave the Horde Red flavor a test drive (and standard tree photo) after finding a bottle here in Chicago. Yup, it's the same as before... but frankly, I find the packaging a tad more scary!

I mean, seriously, which would you rather be staring at when you are digesting some pseudo-cherry flavored drink?

This...

or this?

Got this in the mail yesterday from the folks at Pepsi for review purposes. Kinda interesting...

The blue one sort of reminds me of tropical punch Kool-Aid with a dash of leftover Revolution syrup. It's not terrible, but I still think that Voltage is the superior blue Dew.