Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Gee... Why didn't I think of that ?

Cocaine found in Red Bull cola are you kidding me ? How crazy is that ? Why would a company as big as Red Bull do something like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by SumPoosieCat View Post
    Cocaine found in Red Bull cola are you kidding me ? How crazy is that ? Why would a company as big as Red Bull do something like this ?
    I got a giggle when I read that article. Hey, I really like your new Avatar (Ooo LaLa).
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Redbull seems to be behind in the energy drink game... i mean it took them forever just to release different sizes let alone an energy shot.

I guess instead of new products they have to keep their customers coming back with "other" methods...

Are you serious, you really think Red Bull is sitting there dropping kilos of cocaine into the batch tank?!?! Do you really think there is all this cocaine in the product or did you just read the title of an article and assume something. You would have to drink over 30,000 cans (over 2800 gallons) of the product just to have any harmful effect, and by then the caffeine would have done more harm than anything else!!! Analysis found 0.00000013g of cocaine was found and they were using a product that had the cocaine alkaloid removed....you will find more caffeine in decaffeinated tea product than you find cocaine in a deconcainized extract.

Default To top that off

You are right Jetset and to top it all off Red Bull Cola is not an energy drink and does not claim to be. It is simply a cola made with natural ingredients. The caffeine in it is probably less than a Mountain Dew. There was no actual Cocaine in the drink either. There are other drinks that use coca leaf for flavoring with the alkaloid removed. There is a good chance Coke uses coca flavoring as well.

"Because cocaine is naturally present in coca leaves, today's Coca-Cola uses "spent", or treated, coca leaves, those that have been through a cocaine extraction process, to flavor the beverage. Some contend that this process cannot extract all of the cocaine alkaloids at a molecular level, and so the drink still contains trace amounts of the stimulant.[1][3] The Coca-Cola Company currently refuses to comment on the continued presence of coca leaf in Coca-Cola.[4][5]" from
    Coca-Cola formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only genius is all this is that it was a ton of free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by jetset View Post
    Are you serious, you really think Red Bull is sitting there dropping kilos of cocaine into the batch tank?!?! Do you really think there is all this cocaine in the product or did you just read the title of an article and assume something. You would have to drink over 30,000 cans (over 2800 gallons) of the product just to have any harmful effect, and by then the caffeine would have done more harm than anything else!!! Analysis found 0.00000013g of cocaine was found and they were using a product that had the cocaine alkaloid removed....you will find more caffeine in decaffeinated tea product than you find cocaine in a deconcainized extract.
    banned

It still taste like crap in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scum1 View Post
    You are right Jetset and to top it all off Red Bull Cola is not an energy drink and does not claim to be. It is simply a cola made with natural ingredients. The caffeine in it is probably less than a Mountain Dew. There was no actual Cocaine in the drink either. There are other drinks that use coca leaf for flavoring with the alkaloid removed. There is a good chance Coke uses coca flavoring as well.

"Because cocaine is naturally present in coca leaves, today's Coca-Cola uses "spent", or treated, coca leaves, those that have been through a cocaine extraction process, to flavor the beverage. Some contend that this process cannot extract all of the cocaine alkaloids at a molecular level, and so the drink still contains trace amounts of the stimulant.[1][3] The Coca-Cola Company currently refuses to comment on the continued presence of coca leaf in Coca-Cola.[4][5]" from
    Coca-Cola formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only genius is all this is that it was a ton of free publicity.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Default Lol

Yes greg it is pretty much one of those you love or hate kind of drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    It still taste like crap in my opinion.
    banned

Thumbs down Yes very serious !

So is the German government ! Its just plain stupid. Cocaine in the product ? What if it was a very small amount of horse poop. Would that be ok?

Sure, horse poop is delightful and can be classified as WONF.

But honestly, I bet you could find similar findings in another cola out there that uses coca leaf as an ingredient.

But I don't really think Red Bull is hating this press, the product hasn't been selling that well, it is getting it in the consumer's mind and it is probably getting a nice little bump in sales from those who are looking for a cheap buzz (which they won't get).

Sure, horse poop is delightful and can be classified as WONF.

But honestly, I bet you could find similar findings in another cola out there that uses coca leaf as an ingredient.

But I don't really think Red Bull is hating this press, the product hasn't been selling that well, it is getting it in the consumer's mind and it is probably getting a nice little bump in sales from those who are looking for a cheap buzz (which they won't get).
    OR, It could be a good opportunity to take it off the shelves and save face!!!!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!