Bevboard

Thread: AMP Shots

Default AMP Shots

A reliable source tells me that Pepsi will be dropping AMP shots in the very near future. Is anyone else hearing this?

Well up here we are already done with it. We got a ton of it initially and couldn't get rid of it at $2.99 a bottle. They went out of date the first week of May and we blew them out at stores that would take them for .25 a bottle. Not a bad move if they dropped them for good. Either that or they need to go back to the drawing board on it.

don't know about nationally but we got rid of them here. I think May 4-May 11 were when the last of them went out of date. We were told that they were gone for good but it seems that way on about everything and then it shows up again.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I know they're not in the new energy sets at Wal-Mart. Just monster shots (all three), rockstar shots, and red bull shots (reg/sf). But the RB dist around here doesn't even have the shots, so that space sits empty in all the stores.

Default Well....

Energy Shots = Fad

I also heard Pepsi was dropping the AMP shots due to lack of sales.

Is the 2oz "5-Hour type" bottle out of style?

Default it sucked

Sorry but I don't think shots are a fad anymore than energy drinks are. I actually know a lot of people that prefer them over energy drinks because they just want the functionality and not a whole beverage. There will be fallout just like in the energy drink market. How many energy drink companies have went belly up in the last couple of years? Does that mean energy drinks are a fad? Some shots will fail. There is only room for so many in the market. The Amp shot was weak and tasted bad. Really most everyone I know thought it tasted awful and did not offer enough functionality. Really on my website I got a lot of traffic to the Amp shot review. That shows interest. I think they blew it. They had the brand working for them but whoever developed the flavor and ingredients did a bad job so it failed.
    banned

Estimated sales of $400 million in 2009.....nice fad.....

Amp shots are being discontinued as per a company memo..worthless POS ughh.