Bevboard

Default Cap dispensing drinks

Looking for some feedback from some of the senior members on the board regarding new drinks popping up with caps that dispense ingredients when you open them...There are a couple brands out there now using this technology and a couple companies manufacturing the caps. ACTIVATE is an example of one brand....The question is are any of these brands gettting traction or are they just a novelty? Appreciate your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox fan View Post
    Looking for some feedback from some of the senior members on the board regarding new drinks popping up with caps that dispense ingredients when you open them...There are a couple brands out there now using this technology and a couple companies manufacturing the caps. ACTIVATE is an example of one brand....The question is are any of these brands gettting traction or are they just a novelty? Appreciate your thoughts.
    I can't speak for some of the other brands since I am not familiar with them, but ACTIVATE is getting some pretty good traction and is expanding their current distribution network. Like any start-up company it takes some time to build a brand, build a following and build capital but from everything I know they have branched out of the LA area and moving into all parts of CA, AZ and HI. While that isn't a huge area, it is best to build a following and increase revenues before you take to much on and become overwhelmed and are having a hard time delivering. You only get one shot so it is best to take it slow but I wouldn't be surprise to see ACTIVATE being one of the next big companies.

I would like to hear some feedback from any individuals out there who have had a chance to try one of the cap dispensed products and what they thought of the product itself and the concept.

saw the reviews on Bevnet this morning for the Activate products - still wondering if anybody else out there has had a chance to try these products.

Default Defense

Quote Originally Posted by jetset View Post
    I would like to hear some feedback from any individuals out there who have had a chance to try one of the cap dispensed products and what they thought of the product itself and the concept.
    I sold a product several years ago called "Defense" by Brain-Twist, Inc. (16oz. cans) Defense Effervescent Supplement | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering
    It was more of a novelty, sold a bit when first introduced but not many repeat orders. It was sold as a functional beverage with taste being below average. If I remember correctly the beverage was carbonated, when opened the small plastic powder container inside would burst open and the beverage would take a minute or so to mix. I don't see it around anymore. Stores always wanted to place it in the energy section because it had the look of a 16oz. energy drink, confusing to consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by reset man View Post
    I sold a product several years ago called "Defense" by Brain-Twist, Inc. (16oz. cans) Defense Effervescent Supplement | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering
    It was more of a novelty, sold a bit when first introduced but not many repeat orders. It was sold as a functional beverage with taste being below average. If I remember correctly the beverage was carbonated, when opened the small plastic powder container inside would burst open and the beverage would take a minute or so to mix. I don't see it around anymore. Stores always wanted to place it in the energy section because it had the look of a 16oz. energy drink, confusing to consumers.
    I remember being at a conference and the WEDGE was being presented as the next generation in functional delivery. Great idea but hard for the consumer to grasp when they can't see it happening. I think the Activate products, while similar in concept, have a point of difference that allows the consumer to actually see and understand what is happening with the products.