Bevboard

Default Energy Thesis...

Hello,

I am doing a summer thesis on product design, manufacturing and marketing. Basically, I am coming up with a product (mine is powdered multi vitamin energy drink...simple ) and the packaging I will claim to use are either stix(containing powder to mix instantly) or cans. I just have a few questions that I need in order to have an acurate business plan.

What are the initial start up costs for a product like this? Starting locally and starting nationally?

How much does the manufacturer charge for a single unit? (my guess is .33 cents to .70cents?)

What is the minimum unit amount a manufacturer will produce? Like 50,000 units or 100,000?

Hope to hear from everyone!

Thanks!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by studlete View Post
    Hello,

I am doing a summer thesis on product design, manufacturing and marketing. Basically, I am coming up with a product (mine is powdered multi vitamin energy drink...simple ) and the packaging I will claim to use are either stix(containing powder to mix instantly) or cans. I just have a few questions that I need in order to have an acurate business plan.

What are the initial start up costs for a product like this? Starting locally and starting nationally?

How much does the manufacturer charge for a single unit? (my guess is .33 cents to .70cents?)

What is the minimum unit amount a manufacturer will produce? Like 50,000 units or 100,000?

Hope to hear from everyone!

Thanks!

Jon
    The cost depends entirely upon the ingredients in the powder and the packaging, you can find a small run manufacturer, however the cost will typically double. Other than that your assumptions on price are inline with expectations. If you have specific questions PM me.