Bevboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SumPoosieCat View Post
    You have to be kidding me.... I am just using a gimmick and sex ? Never mind that I use a glass container for my product or that I use the most expensive label in the industry or that I use REAL SUGAR to make the very best product I can... never mind all that... I am just using a gimmick and sex. Unreal.... SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink is just too much for you? Have you listened to any rap songs lately ?

If I was just using a gimmick and sex I wouldn't have blended 11 different flavors to come up with the perfect mixer with Alcohol. I would have stuck it in a plastic bottle with a paper label and made it taste like every other energy drink using HFCS. And then I would have produced it a foreign country to save money on production instead of Manufacturing in the US and paying .65 cents a pound for Real Sugar.

No energy drink uses more expensive packaging and none use better ingredients and unlike many I manufacture my product right here in the US. Gimmick and sex.... lol... maybe you haven't seen a godaddy commercial lately. Get out much ?
    Wow, bit defensive?!?! I didn't say others aren't using sex to sell, but with a name like Sum Poosie and the bottle models, it is obvious what you are using to sell the product. I also never said I was offended by it or am a hermit living under a rock, just that before you knock a category that you are not in maybe you should step back a bit. I am very familiar with your product, flavor, label, etc.....Also, Sugar, HFCS, doesn't really matter to the body since both of them are treated exactly the same and all the hype is due to media reports and propaganda from one side or the other. Sucrose is a disaccharice of glucose and fructose and HFCS 55 is 55% Fructose and 45% glucose, so basically the same (especially to the body) - so save the sales pitch for those who don't know better.

If the date was printed wrong the co-packer would have to eat it. They obviously didn't have the sell thru they expected and are now looking for a way out that will save face for the brand. They don't want to admit their product doesn't move fast enough to avoid experation because distributors will lose faith in the brand or see the direction it's heading. They should use them as freebies or dump em.
    Thats just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Joey; 07-01-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelled word twice

Save the sales pitch ? Are you new to this jetset or are you not aware that beverages taste better with Real Sugar compared to HFCS ? I don't use Real Sugar because its better for you I use it because it makes my product taste better. Try a can of Pepsi in a can made with HFCS... and then try a bottle of Pepsi made with Real Sugar and get back with me on which one taste better.....enough said.

Joey... you are 100% correct.

My source tells me that they were co-packed out of country and had to be pre-paid. That may explain their strategy.

Default Thanks

That should end some of the speculation

Quote Originally Posted by boodoo View Post
    My source tells me that they were co-packed out of country and had to be pre-paid. That may explain their strategy.
    banned

I agree with SPC, I just saw RockStar Shots being clearanced at Walgreens at 2 / $4, I have seen Headshot at Wal Mart for $1.99 and Monster and NOS being discounted to 2/$3 at many local C Stores. To quote a famous Rock Star, "and the Wall comes tumbling down" Let's see who remains when the dust clears.

By the way, I think E Drinks are rebounding the past two months, anybody else noticing the shift back to beverages from shots?

I am sorry I forgot to comment on the date code issue. If It were truly a misprint as is claimed by the author of this post, I would hold my bottler responsible for replacing the inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by SumPoosieCat View Post
    Save the sales pitch ? Are you new to this jetset or are you not aware that beverages taste better with Real Sugar compared to HFCS ? I don't use Real Sugar because its better for you I use it because it makes my product taste better. Try a can of Pepsi in a can made with HFCS... and then try a bottle of Pepsi made with Real Sugar and get back with me on which one taste better.....enough said.
    I know the taste impact that sugar has when compared to HFCS, I am very well versed on sweetener profiles and how each nutritive and non-nutritive sweetener interacts in a beverage system. So to answer your question, no I am not new to this, I have been developing products for quite a while now.....

I looked for them at Walmart today, didn't see them like I had in the past. Maybe they disco'd them and now the company is stuck with a lot of product?