Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Red Bull of champions 16.9

Saw Redbull of champions a 16.9oz can today with Sean's white signature on the can, according to the can its a limited edition? retails is 4.00 per unite and case cost I heard is $59.00. anyone else ran in to this new packege???

That's crazy. The 32oz Monster was $4, and the 16oz Red Bull is $4, that's retarded.

Its all about Branding. A limited edition RB for $4 isn't that far out of touch in my opinion. Personally I think a 32 oz ED is more absurd than a $4 16.9 oz.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Surprising departure from Red Bull's strict image. I think this means something. Red Bull is giving in...lol

unfortunatly, Red Bull has given in a few years too late. They by far still have incredible numbers, but they let loose of their choke hold on the industry, and are now doing what they can to try and keep pace. I am surprised they have not added any flavors to their line. I personly do not like the other flavors of Monster and Rockstar...way too sweet for me. But, I know they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swedelson View Post
    unfortunatly, Red Bull has given in a few years too late. They by far still have incredible numbers, but they let loose of their choke hold on the industry, and are now doing what they can to try and keep pace. I am surprised they have not added any flavors to their line. I personly do not like the other flavors of Monster and Rockstar...way too sweet for me. But, I know they sell.

Guys, lets not forget that RB, while losing market share, is only gaining in sales. I don't think selling a Billion dollars worth of ED's is too shabby. I think RB is going to continue their dominance for a while.

Brand Dollar Sales % change Prior Yr Mkt Share
    RED BULL $1,025,226,000 40.5% 35.4
    MONSTER $488,157,200 59.9% 16.8
    ROCKSTAR $305,481,100 44.2% 10.5
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Point well made. Also, I've been seeing the Limited edition cans already popping up on Ebay. From what I understand, this is an extremely limited run of these cans, so the $4 price point seems reasonable from that point of view. Red Bull has always had some amazing athletes in their stables, it's nice to see them showing them off a little.

CR

I by farm am not saying Red Bull sales are hurting, or that there isn't another company out there that wouldnt give their left arm for their sales. I just hate seeing that they gave up their dominance because they reacted too late to the market. All that really matters is how much money you are making...overall sales position is simply for bragging rights. It would be nice if they could still brag.

Thank goodness for Red Bull... a four dollar 16 ounce can ? That is going to make my new 2008 Limited Edition Bottles look like a real bargain!!! I love that Red Bull keeps pushing the prices higher... they have to... look what they spend on advertising each year. If people want to keep paying a premium for their advertising...let them!

Default Cool

As a collector the only reason I would buy one of these Red Bulls is for the can so I'm willing to pay the price. Looking forward to your bottles Sum. I always like your drink better in the bottle anyway. Got any more detail to share on your limited edition bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by SumPoosieCat View Post
    Thank goodness for Red Bull... a four dollar 16 ounce can ? That is going to make my new 2008 Limited Edition Bottles look like a real bargain!!! I love that Red Bull keeps pushing the prices higher... they have to... look what they spend on advertising each year. If people want to keep paying a premium for their advertising...let them!
    banned