Bevboard

Default New Wild Cherry Pepsi logo spotted

I guess WCP couldn't avoid the new look forever. I spotted this in the Arby's at Nittany Mall in State College, PA. Same idea as the diet flavors, with a blue-to-red gradient background and a small red "wild cherry" below "pepsi" in the same font. And like the diet flavors, it's hard to tell apart from the original from a distance... I had to check if I was seeing things at first when I noticed a hint of red in the Pepsi logo background.

They had the new logos for Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Dew, Diet Dew, and Sierra Mist as well, though the display above the taps still had the old Pepsi logo. I do have to admit that the "smile" logo doesn't look too bad on the fountain stickers where it takes up the majority of the space. The bottles just have way too much plain background taking up space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I noticed that the Arby's here also had all the new logos on their fountains as well.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mjb1124 View Post
    I do have to admit that the "smile" logo doesn't look too bad on the fountain stickers where it takes up the majority of the space. The bottles just have way too much plain background taking up space.
    i'd agree with that. at least the modified "globe" is colorful... but that navy blue background... it's just not "pepsi." maybe if they made the globe part of the logo bigger on the packaging, it might look a little better.

I bit off topic but the current "rock band" promotion with the red caps and label snipes has Pepsi and Diet Pepsi looking alot like Wild Cherry and Dt Wild Cherry. The diet is especially bad. I bet alot of folks are confused. Anyone else notice this?

There are no label snipes on any packaging with the Rock Band caps around here. It's like it's some sort of super-secret promotion. I had to look at a few caps before I could even really make out the website address clearly.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mofizz View Post
    I bit off topic but the current "rock band" promotion with the red caps and label snipes has Pepsi and Diet Pepsi looking alot like Wild Cherry and Dt Wild Cherry. The diet is especially bad. I bet alot of folks are confused. Anyone else notice this?
    do you have any pictures?

BTW, outside U.S., so far, the new Pepsi logo is now in Canada, Brazil, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and soon in Argentina... while in Mexico only Pepsi Kick has the new logo... the regular, light and Max versions still have the current logo...
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 08-06-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    do you have any pictures?
    I'll try and get some up. Thanks.