Bevboard

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Default Pepsi Throwback to return

Per Pepsi's Facebook page:
    Thanks for all the Throwback tweets, videos, pics & pleas. We've heard you & you convinced us. Andů.We've got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. Same formula, but cooler vintage look!

also on Twitter:

So... We've got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. With the same formula, but new awesome vintage look!

Default That is good news

Now all they need is a longneck and the RAW formulation
    The BevNET Staff

Cool...bring back Mountain Dew Throwback too...but this time don't forget the orange juice!

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    Cool...bring back Mountain Dew Throwback too...but this time don't forget the orange juice!
    Same formula as previous Throwback returning for Dew.

Nice to hear it was successful. Maybe in the interim I'll have to try to source some citric acid and try adding that into the Pepsi and seeing if it makes a difference.

Also, in another thread I'd mentioned that it had sold out around here and wasn't "remaindered" but after I post that, it suddenly shows up again and the 20oz-ers have been going for as cheap as 4-for-a-buck. I don't know if it just didn't sell as well as they expected, or it could be that the Wyoming bottler expected maybe to sell more than they did to other bottlers that didn't make it. Regardless, I was wrong, and it's still around here.

-Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

That is awesome to hear!! We had absolutely no problem getting rid of all our stock in our warehouse... I come across at least 2 to 3 different ppl a week on my route asking where it has gone and why Pepsi got rid of it... they are gonna be pretty stoked once I inform them of the re-release...

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that Pepsi should keep the Throwback on as a permanent item??? Or do you think that it's selling much better because of the novelty effect??

Wow, there are a lot of Throwback haters on the Mountain Dew Facebook group. People are calling it words like "yucky", comparing it to Diet Dew and bodily fluids, and even making statements like "corn syrup rules". Of course, there are also people praising/defending it, but the comments on the Pepsi group are much more unanimously positive.

But anyhow, I'm glad to see they're giving it another run. I still see the Pepsi around here in some places, and still usually have at least one per week. I just wish they'd make it permanent.

I actually liked MD Throwback, but I did find it an acquired taste. It was definitely different from regular MD and I could easily understand the comparisons to Diet Dew.

Seriously, if they added the OJ, it'd be perfect.

Well, so much for the 12 packs I hoarded. Actually, I was at Jewel the other day here in Illinois, and they still had a couple left.