Bevboard

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oz999 View Post
    Yeah it might be the bottler as the newest run I got came from Wal-Mart which is a couple cities over and handled by a different bottler than my city.

A couple days ago I picked up a couple 12 packs from a Von's local to me, they still had the limited time only on it, and tastes just fine. I left one out for a long time and still not flat, so confirmed they are different but maybe just bottler differences not changes in formula for this run.

Kinda like with Mexican Coke, how theres some variation from bottler to bottler.

I'm thinking of trying the Dew from Wal-Mart and seeing if it tastes like the original considering that the Pepsi from there tastes like the 1st run.
    It can't taste like Original Dew, they kept the formula from the 2nd run.

Does anyone know anything about Pepsi NEXT? If it's got natural sweetners, including real sugar, I'm all in!!

I heard it tasted somewhat like Pepsi de Mecho.

Quote Originally Posted by Themaster73 View Post
    I guess you wouldn't like the sweetness of KP Pepsi then?
    No idea, never tried it. Had KP Coke but it never really impressed me like mexican coke did, enough so were I actually went to mexico in the middle of all the craziness to pick up some cheaper, won't be doing that again.

As far as the dew yeah they kept the 2nd run formula I know, was just kinda hoping against hope that there was enough differences between bottlers for the dew to not taste nasty.

I have actually gotten used to the current Pepsi TB taste enough to were I unknowingly picked up some of the limited time stuff the other day and was like WTF? after I tasted it.

Either way current PTB is fine, still don't like how it goes flat quick now like reg pepsi but whatever, better than nothing. Still prefer the 12oz glass bottle imports that are everywhere now. Unfortunately price is an issue though at 99c for 12oz mexi-pepsi vs 99c (usually) for 20oz PTB. Favorite will always be 20oz mexi-coke for $1, but it's sporadic.

Funny thing, my local store has PTB, MDTB, Sierra Mist Nat, Sierra Mist Nat Cranberry, and Mexi-Pepsi all in the same fridge. And they cover it almost every day with a giant rolling battery rack, so nobody ever sees it.
    Last edited by oz999; 02-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.

It's officially-official.

From BeverageDigest's twitter:

"Pepsi Throwback and Mt. Dew Throwback will both become permanent entries"

Twitter

I'm sad,I wish Pepsi would have added citric acid to the TB formula.
    Strong mouth burns are a major part of my soda pop enjoyment.
    Oh well.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 03-11-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    I'm sad,I wish Pepsi would have added citric acid to the TB formula.
    Strong mouth burns are a major part of my soda pop enjoyment.
    Oh well.
    Citric Acid will be back next month, look for the White Cap, KP Pepsi and KPCF Pepsi

Has this been pulled in Canada? I went to the gas station where I had bought it in the past and they now have regular Pepsi in the cooler where Pepsi Throwback was. WalMart also no longer has the 12 can packs. So I'm curious whether or not it has become permanent in the US, but discontinued in Canada?

Hopefully this means they will add 24 packs. And expand were the 2 liters are available.

I've seen 24-cubes of Pepsi Throwback in Colorado...
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!