Bevboard

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiPete View Post
    hey Pacific NW types - any sightings of Throwback?? It's vanished from Olympia/Lacey shelves... dammit.
    It disappeared here too... It was a limited run here...

Are you in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich View Post
    Kosher Pepsi should be out next week.
    2-liter bottles have already shown up in Frederick, MD.

Could someone tell me what Pepsi decided on as far as continuing production of Heritage Dr. Pepper (in the areas they destribute it of course)? When Throwback Pepsi and Mt. Dew turned-up again, so did Heritage Dr. Pepper, but it seems to have disappeared again.

Kosher Pepsi is much more smooth than TB. It reminds me of the last 12 ounce returnables with sugar that were sold by AD Huesing Bottling Works untill they shut down in 2003. I would load the car up completely to where I could not squeeze another 24 bottle case in, and then go back for more with the empties. Those were the good ole days.
    Last edited by bigrich; 03-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.

2003? Since when? I thought the final run was November 21, 2001, ( except for that special run of "display cases" they did later on. )

I bought quite a bit of Kosher Pepsi last year and while it was good it wasn't like what I remembered from Davenport. These latest Mexi-Pepsis are the closest that I've had since the I finished off those 11/21/01 bottles.

-Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

My mistake, you are correct. I just checked some bottles I have left dated 9 months out from that date. KP Pepsi could vary from bottler to bottler. My stash last year was from PAS Oshkosh, WI.

If I remember correctly the display bottles were Davenport 12 ounces that were shipped to Memphis, MO to be filled. I believe they had to modify the line from 10 to 12 ounce and once they did the special order the line was shut down for good.

Yeah, I was misremembering myself there! Did you ever go down to Memphis area for their 16s when they still ran them? I did... but they never tasted that great - Davenport's and the 16s that General Bottlers did were always much better.

Anyway, back to KP Pepsi.... I was very surprised to find a local store in Fort Collins, CO carrying Passover Pepsi yesterday!!! Looks like Pepsi/Denver imported them from a different source than last year. Last year it was PY, which was New Jersey. This year it's OG... isn't that like in Indiana?

FYI, since I took photos of the packaging last year, I went and made up a similar image of this year's. Here they are side by side. No "KP" at the end of the production code. And I guess Pepsi went from having natural flavors to just flavor?

.............. 2010 .............. .............. 2011 ..............
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

The "CRC" mark is used to denote the Chicago Rabbinical Council had certified this as kosher.
    P 11 = Passover 2011

cRc:Chicago Rabbinical Council
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 03-28-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

To "Themaster73", not all USA Pepsi has some sugar in it, there are many parts of the USA that i have traveled, where i have found Pepsi and Coca-Cola that contain 100% HFCS.

I never had Memphis product, but would occasionally get 16 Ounce Lime Rock (Dubuque)Pepsi (they shutdown about a year before Pepsi General) and a few cases from Pepsi General Waterloo.