Bevboard

Thread: Battery cans

Default Battery cans

so the drink cans with the screw-top lids were first introduced to me by Jolt, and they had a "+" on the cap referring to the "energy" within them, so i started calling them "battery" type cans. nowadays, there are several different sizes of these batteries available; a 24oz (the jolt original, along with rockstar), monster's new 12oz nitrous line, and a 16oz from jolt again. I was wondering what these sizes should be called, maybe like the batteries they represent (AA, AAA, C, D, etc.) or maybe there's a better system. what do you think?

I like your analogy. I call them battery cans too.

I don't think they need to have different names - there aren't different names for 12oz, 16oz or 24oz flat top cans.

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusOne View Post
    so the drink cans with the screw-top lids were first introduced to me by Jolt, and they had a "+" on the cap referring to the "energy" within them, so i started calling them "battery" type cans. nowadays, there are several different sizes of these batteries available; a 24oz (the jolt original, along with rockstar), monster's new 12oz nitrous line, and a 16oz from jolt again. I was wondering what these sizes should be called, maybe like the batteries they represent (AA, AAA, C, D, etc.) or maybe there's a better system. what do you think?
    I too was introduced to them by Jolt but unfortunately it's not looking very good for Jolt these days but I do agree on the analogy thing. Here's what I'm thinking:

Less than or = to 8oz: AAA battery
    More than 8 to equal to 16oz: AA battery
    More than 16 to equal to 24: C battery
    More than 24 to equal to 32: D battery

My thinking is that AA is slightly longer and thicker than AAA but then again I don't even think that someone would make a battery can out of a 8oz drink like Red Bull but with a market like EDs you never know. Then the C batteries are slightly thicker than the AA batteries and the D batteries are thicker and longer than C batteries.

Also I'm also thinking of getting rid of the 8oz class and going like this:

More than 8 to equal to 16oz: AAA battery
    More than 16 to equal to 24oz: AA battery
    More than 24 to equal to 32oz: C battery

I think that goes by the construction of ED cans better and takes out the awkward 8oz class too.

Also, in case people haven't heard Monster is developing a 32oz battery style can. I don't know if it's hit stores yet, I've really slacked off recently but any word on how that's going would be appreciated.
    "Don't jump off the bridge when everyone else does; you never know how deep the water is." -myself