Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool new pepsi packaging looks awful next to coke's...

i was at the store yesterday, and there was a shopping cart with various 2-litre bottles in it. the new Coca-Cola bottle was bright red with HUGE Coca-Cola script on it (so that it had to wrap around the bottle). i guess this is their new packaging. it really POPPED out at you.

meanwhile, the pepsi bottles were almost invisble--dark navy blue with that tiny font and rather small globe logo. i was struck by how bad the packaging looked next to coke's. it was almost as if the pepsi bottle was saying, "buy coke instead." lol

seriously, though... what is pepsico thinking?!? that packaging is just awful. are they deliberately trying to discourage shoppers from buying it? it just doesn't make sense.

I guess they assume the 'butt crack' globe is eye-catching enough.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

It doesn't scream 'buy me' - while Pepsi is supposed to be 'cool', their packaging says Private Label.

Thumbs down

Gosh how depressing.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Cool

sorry. not tryin to bash pepsi but the navy blue just isn't working.

when i was looking for images of pepsi's new packaging, i noticed that the illustrations of the packaging are a much lighter, brighter blue... but the actualy packaging is very dark.

is that the case everywhere, or is it just my local pepsi bottler?

It's the same color everywhere from what I've seen. I think promotional images of soda cans/bottles in general tend to look more shiny than the real thing.

Cool

my guess is that pepsi's decline in sales this year will be much larger than coke's... most likely due to this new packaging. and diet coke will finally pass pepsi as the #2 soda in the US.

Interesting assertions and assumptions but I will owe you a pepsi if you are right(about the d.coke being number two). In my area alone in pretty much every major chain(ESPECIALLY wally world) we continue to dominate and increase/maintain our superior share..yes it is a pepsi market but regardless the change to the label hasn't disoriented customers but gave it a better appeal. Some may gripe and dislike it but it has a more modern look and far more stylistic cues to it. Obviously the old design wasn't working with the dip in share and volume so they had to try something new..you know what they say about those whom complain about something but never come up with alternatives? Nothing at all..because their opinions aren't valued.

Cool

If diet coke replaces pepsi as #2 this year, then you owe me a coke zero, not a pepsi.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Interesting assertions and assumptions but I will owe you a pepsi if you are right(about the d.coke being number two). In my area alone in pretty much every major chain(ESPECIALLY wally world) we continue to dominate and increase/maintain our superior share..yes it is a pepsi market but regardless the change to the label hasn't disoriented customers but gave it a better appeal. Some may gripe and dislike it but it has a more modern look and far more stylistic cues to it. Obviously the old design wasn't working with the dip in share and volume so they had to try something new..you know what they say about those whom complain about something but never come up with alternatives? Nothing at all..because their opinions aren't valued.

Cool

by the way, i think "classic" is now officially gone from US coca-cola packaging. i think they phased it out with their summer packaging. it's about time.