Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Costco stops selling Coca Cola products

Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I read this story and my first reaction was.....where are all the independent c- stores going to get their soda??????
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Wonder if this includes Mexican Coke..I assume it would. This sucks.

I love it!!! I just hope Coke continues to stand their ground amidst all the publicity. Everyone knows Coke caters to all the larger companies with pricing, so its good to see that they are making a stand.

Cool

most coke-drinkers (and pepsi-drinkers too) are pretty diehard and will likely just go somewhere else to buy their soda. since soda is kind of a staple that gets people into stores, this could end up being worse for costco than coke.

Actually Popologist most "soda drinkers" are just like any consumer and looking for the BEST DEAL. Most have a favorite but most are also willing to comprimise with who's on sale..Coke will lose out so much more then Costco will on this by any and all means. The die hard drinkers dont account for that much of the market share...people go to bulk stores for bulk purchases..not usually led by soda as opposed to regular grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Actually Popologist most "soda drinkers" are just like any consumer and looking for the BEST DEAL. Most have a favorite but most are also willing to comprimise with who's on sale..Coke will lose out so much more then Costco will on this by any and all means. The die hard drinkers dont account for that much of the market share...people go to bulk stores for bulk purchases..not usually led by soda as opposed to regular grocery stores.
    I agree,well said.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

The clubs will sell through any inventory on hand, but not order any more until the issue is resolved.

Cool

I still disagree. If it was all about "price," then generic store brand soda would be the best-selling because it's cheapest. But, it's not.

Most of the people I know either drink Coke or Pepsi (or Diet Coke, etc), and won't compromise on that, because it's about the "taste."

If I'm at a store to buy Coke Zero and they are sold out, then I go somewhere else until I find what I want. And if a store were to stop selling Coke Zero, I would probably stop going there altogether... unless there was something else there that was a must-have item. I wouldn't pick-up Diet Coke or Pepsi One instead... unless it was some kind of soda emergency... and I probably still wouldn't.

Well said Popologist. There is no doubt that there are certain consumers who buy solely based on price, however, the majority will buy the product that they normally drink no matter the price. Has anyone never seen 2lts at a c store for 1.99??To say that Coke would be hurt more by this than Costco is absurd.