Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mello yello found in pa

found it in dubois and kylertown pa in 12 pack and 20oz and in state college pa in 20oz and 2 liter. also harrisburg, lancaster and reading pa are all picking it up. the sales rep said it was all the facilities decisions to pick it up because vault is not selling. he said no matter what this time they are keeping it. The only issue it athorization at store level. Only walmart and weis are available to get it. They said they called giant, redners and wegmans to get in it. also barqs red creme is back in pa out of dubois.

I've heard from several places that Mello Yello was outselling Vault here in the NC Piedmont Triad area.

I wish they would start making a Yello Yello Zero. Diet Mello Yello vanished years ago, and Vault Zero was only around for about a year before it disappeared from the store shelves.

i only see vault zero in 20oz very few places though. i heard they have diet mello yello in very upstate ny in 2 liter.

Beverage Digest announced that Coke is planning to relaunch Mello Yello in 2010, with a new ad campaign. Wonder what this bodes for Vault.

You're right!

Coke Taps Ad Agency for Mello Yello

Very interesting. Vault may end up going the way of Surge.

do you think this means coke does a relaunch nationwide of mello yello and makes everyone carry it. if so this is great, i live in pa and its hard to find.

I think this is the begining of the end for Vault. At least mello yello has a little bit of brand recognition. It will still never take a bite out of Dew.

Interesting that they used an old Mello Yello picture with the two line extensions. Hopeful, but doubtful that they'll return as well.

I think that this is a good move by Coca-Cola. Vault (and Surge) were aimed at younger customers, but Mello Yello is an established brand that is familiar to older customers. If they produce a Zero version and bring back the flavor extensions, they can focus their marketing effort on a single citrus product. When you compare the taste, I think Mello Yello is better than Vault (even if it doesn't match up to Sun Drop or Mountain Dew).

Say what you will about the taste of Vault, but you can't argue that it wasn't unique. Mello Yello just tastes like a poor man's Mountain Dew to me, and that's pretty much the image it has in public. I can't see Mello Yello succeeding any more this time outside of its core market, no matter how well they push it. Vault seems to have at least somewhat of a following here in the NYC area, and they'd be wise to stick with that.
    Last edited by mjb1124; 12-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.