Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Peach soda discussion

Hello,

Probably my favorite flavor of soft drinks is peach, though for some reason this is a rare flavor. The first peach soda I tried was back in the early 90s. Albertons used to sell many Nesbitt's flavors in cans including Peach. It was HEAVENLY! To no surprise this was the first Nesbitt's flavor to start disappearing from the shelves and then eventually all of them were gone. (Island Delight was good too)

I recently ordered some Nesbitt's peach in glass bottles and I can say it doesn't hold a candle to the old Nesbitt's Peach in cans. In fact, it's not very good. Alberston's also had a Shasta Strawberry Peach and while the peach was much more prominent in this drink, I don't consider it a true peach soda, just like classifying Cherry drinks like Cherry cola, cherry creme, black cherry and so on are bogus.

Years went by until I tasted another peach soda and in fact I didn't even know they existed. Before the internet, we all kind of lived in our own little cocoons. But in 96 I got to try Peach Crush, then Big K, then a bunch of them in succession. I'm sure there's more than the ones I'll list but out of the ones I've tried here is my favorite peach soda list (in order).

1. Peach Crush -- not even close
    2. The old Nesbitt's Peach in cans
    3. Sunkist -- similar to Crush
    4. Peach Slice
    5. Stewarts Peach
    6. Big K Peach -- Big K, the best store brand soda anywhere in my opinion!
    7. Vess Peach -- for a generic, not too shabby.
    8. Nehi Peach -- good flavor but a bit bland
    9. Frostie Peach -- only had a few before it went bye bye
    10. Filberts Peach-- not enough sugar
    11. Big Peach
    12. Cool Mountain -- thanks but no thanks. Nasty stuff with virtually no peach flavor.

I think Canada Dry has a Peach that I'm sure is great and likely there are other peach sodas out there which I hope to find someday. I'll post my Cherry soda review soon. (Real cherry soda)

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Food Lion sells a peach soda but it is really not very good. Cheap tasting all the way.

Big Peach is pretty good. It's made by Big Red. It's fairly easy to find in Houston, but I'm not sure about outside Texas.

I have a bottle of Cananda Dry Peach. It's been sitting around for 2 months. I'll try it someday. I thought Nehi Peach was decent.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Yeah, let me know how it is! The ONLY Canada Dry I've ever seen in the stores is Ginger Ale. When I was a kid though my grandmother used to serve us Canada Dry in flavors all the time.

By the way, GREAT avatar! Red Fusion is probably my favorite drink ever. What a shame they got rid of it.

I am a little spoiled, I have easy access to all the Canada Dry flavors. They are mainly sold in the Canada Dry Delaware Valley territory, which is greater Philadelphia, southern New Jersey, Delaware, and parts of eastern Maryland.

This is the current lineup.

The other flavor is Wild Cherry, but it's only in 2 liters. Black Cherry and Pineapple, and maybe Cream are in 2 liters also. Lime and Peach are 20oz only. They aren't sold in cans.

Previously they all had unique labels, but when Canada Dry ginger ale went to that crest logo label, they followed suit with the flavors. I think the labels are boring now.

OMG! I would faint if I walked in a store and saw those flavors!!! Is the peach any good? The Wild Cherry sounds great.

Oh that Island Lime looks good. I wonder why only Peach and Creme made it to central Pennyslvania?

[QUOTE=Susan;371277].

By the way, GREAT avatar! Red Fusion is probably my favorite drink ever. QUOTE]

Dr Pepper Cherry is as close as you will get to Red Fusion.

Red Rock has a peach flavor that I thought I had grabbed out of a cooler and bought a couple of months ago. As it turns out, in my haste I grabbed a Red Rock Orange instead. Since Red Rock Cola is rather good, the peach is probably tasty as well.