Bevboard

Default Carry-over in Slurpee flavor?

I recently was pleased to find Dr Pepper slurpee at a local 7-11, but when I tried it, it hardly tasted like Dr Pepper, more coconut and banana. I was told that they previously had pina colada flavor in that machine (I'm not sure why it would taste like banana, though). Anyone know of a good way for them to fix this? (It must happen all the time!) Thanks.

-Doug

Are you in Rochester of Buffalo?
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

The only way to fix it is to change out all of the lines from the connector on the bag to the pump, the pump itself, and the line to the actual machine. Some flavors will "stain" the line, root beer is a prime example. As far as the flavors you metioned I can not be sure that pina colada will or not, I am guessing YES it does.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    Are you in Rochester of Buffalo?
    Ah, actually Kansas City right now. If you know of any Dr Pepper slurpees in the Northeast, I'd be interested in their locations ;-) (I've spent some time fruitlessly looking!)

-Doug

Quote Originally Posted by the saint View Post
    The only way to fix it is to change out all of the lines from the connector on the bag to the pump, the pump itself, and the line to the actual machine. Some flavors will "stain" the line, root beer is a prime example. As far as the flavors you metioned I can not be sure that pina colada will or not, I am guessing YES it does.
    Thanks for the information. I suppose it's possible that those lines were used for banana at some point in the past, and it's just really persistent. They really ought to have a protocol for switching out the lines after those sort of flavors! (or else find a line-material that isn't a flavor-sponge)

-Doug

Quote Originally Posted by doug1885 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I suppose it's possible that those lines were used for banana at some point in the past, and it's just really persistent. They really ought to have a protocol for switching out the lines after those sort of flavors! (or else find a line-material that isn't a flavor-sponge)

-Doug
    If the machine is Pepsi, Coke or another large company owned and they change out the flavor, chances are pretty great that they will change the lines if the flavor "stains' the line. If the machine is customer owned (which there are probably more than company owned out there) it will not be changed. The expense in changing the lines isn't that much but to some owners (2 cents a bottle more getting it delivered to their door is way too much when they can drive 20 miles across town and haul it in their car themselves in shopping bags) it isn't worth the expense.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.