Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cherry Crush? How does it compare to Cherikee Red?

I know Cherikee Red is a regional soda in Pennsylvania and parts of Ohio,But those who had
    both which one is better?

Doug

Hi Doug,

It's been years since I had a Cherikee Red soda but I remember it to be very good. The funny thing about Cherry Crush is that while I find it to be a very good drink, I can honestly say if I was taking a blindfolded taste test and didn't know what it was, I don't think cherry flavor would first come to mind. It smells very cherry but other cherry sodas I have had like Jones, Regent and Minute Maid Cherry from the fountain had a very cherry taste. Jones is the most distinct and is my favorite. It's like drinking carbonated maraschino cherry juice. If I remember right, Cherikee Red had a good Cherry flavor. This reminds me, I still need to make my cherry soda discussion post one of these days. My peach soda discussion has gotten great feed back which makes me happy. Hope you find a Cherry Crush to drink soon.

Susan

Can anyone else help Doug out here? It's been too long since I had Cherikee Red to remember how it compares to Cherry Crush.

I haven't had a Cherikee Red in quite a while myself, but I remember it as a thinner soda, with a cherry bite, while Cherry Crush is a thicker soda, with a smooth cherry taste.

I had a Cherikee Red last night. It was lighter in taste than the Cherry Crush I had last week. That's the best I can offer.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

There you go Cherry Crush will have a bigger bang of Cherry Flavor than Cherikee Red.
    I hope Cherry Crush comes to Columbus Ohio soon.

Doug

I am honestly surprised you don't have it in Columbus already. Pepsi G&J dropped Twister for Crush before PBG and PAS did.

I have a plastic bottle of Cherry Crush and a can of Cherikee Red chilling. I wish the Crush was in can but this is all I have. Report to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    I have a plastic bottle of Cherry Crush and a can of Cherikee Red chilling. I wish the Crush was in can but this is all I have. Report to follow.
    *anxiously awaiting report*

You'll have to keep waiting, it's gonna be a few more days.