Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bring back Pepsi Vanilla, Pitch Black Mountain Dew and 80's new Coke flavor(new name)

I agree to bring back those great flavors back. Everyone call your nearest Pepsi or Coke bottlers, you can get their direct phone numbers from Pepsi and Coke in Canada or USA by calling their phone number on the side of the can. Insist that people want it and how much you will buy if they were to bring it back. That is the only way to get the flavor extentions back and keep calling them until you see it on the shelf near you and when you do see it on the shelf take a pic and post it here on this site so some of us can buy it too.

Regards,

D.

I would like to see the Pitch Black return. I'm normally not the biggest grape soda fan but that one was really good. Even the Pitch Black 2 which was even more tart. I wasn't big on Pepsi Vanilla. As far as the "New" Coke from the 80s, I can barely remember it. I know most people didn't like it and demanded the old formula back. I used to like the old Coke but when they brought it back as Coca Cola Classic it didn't taste the same to me and over the years it became my worst overall soft drink. To this day I liken it to Ipecac Syrup with the end result being the same. So yes, I'd rather have the New 80s Coke instead but let's be honest they took that dog out back put it out of it's misery a long time ago and it aint coming back.

I think New Coke was pretty good, I remember it pretty well when I was a kid. I do remember old Coke being better before Classic. I was always more into Pepsi and R/C though growing up. I think most of the negative attitude toward new Coke was the fact that the company was trying to replace its tried and true formula with something else. If they had brought out new Coke as just a different flavor and didn't try to replace the original it probably would have gone over much better. It may still have disappeared, but it wouldn't have been the large commercial flop that it was. Saying that, I actually preferred it to old Coke at the time, I was probably one of the very few that did though.

Cool

New Coke is still around. It's called Diet Coke. Same formula, just different sweeteners.

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    New Coke is still around. It's called Diet Coke. Same formula, just different sweeteners.
    The truth shall set you free. LMAO
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I'm surprised no one has called out for Crystal Pepsi yet.

(actually, I'd buy it if it was available again, I liked it (and understood that it was more in the lemon/lime category than cola)
    Last edited by Android; 01-15-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Quote Originally Posted by newCOKEcanuck View Post
    I agree to bring back those great flavors back. Everyone call your nearest Pepsi or Coke bottlers, you can get their direct phone numbers from Pepsi and Coke in Canada or USA by calling their phone number on the side of the can.
    Calling the number to get your local bottler? Why not call 411 or use the Internet? You don't want to bother calling your local bottler anyway, you need to call The Coca-Cola Company or PepsiCo. They make the decisions on what concentrate will be produced (since they produce it), and what flavors they will offer to the bottlers.

Pepsi Vanilla is easy. Take a can of Pepsi, add some vanilla syrup. Many supermarkets and coffee shops sell Torani and/or DaVinci syrups.

anyone remember OK from coke. That was pretty good also. But was out in the mid 90's in the midwest, nationally I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    Diet Coke has Citric Acid New Coke/Coke II didn't

Coke II seemed to have the same ingredient list as regular Coca Cola (with a different balance of certain ingredients)

I've read that New Coke had a lot less vanilla in it, which would have saved Coke quite a bit of money.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!