Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mello yello throwback?

Has anyone seen the new mello yello with natural sugar yet? I work in a grocery store in MN and the Coke merchandiser told me that it is already in the warehouse waiting for the old stuff to get used first. I can't wait until I can get the new mello yello.

Quote Originally Posted by wild2004fan View Post
    Has anyone seen the new mello yello with natural sugar yet? I work in a grocery store in MN and the Coke merchandiser told me that it is already in the warehouse waiting for the old stuff to get used first. I can't wait until I can get the new mello yello.
    I have not seen that yet. But I hope it makes it down here.

If this is the Mello Yello that gets the relaunch Vault will take a bigger hit in sales. This may also get Mountain Dew to make Throwback permanent.

Do you know if this is limited time or not?

I HOPE it is permanent, but I am not sure.

If they were to jump on the Throwback bandwagon, why do it with Mello Yello? Seems kinda odd, but maybe not when you are competing against Dew. Point of difference perhaps?

Any update on this supposed Mello Yello with real sugar?

It'd be nice to see a throwback around here (Flint, MI). We actually haven't had Mello Yello readily available at all here since 2005. Lately it has randomly sprung up here and there, during the past two months. Other than lately, over the past 5 years, the only place you could get it was in fountain drinks at Coney Island style restaurants. A friend and I had even went through the trouble of creating a google map of those rare locations at the time, which we have since updated with the recent spottings.

Mello Yello Locations (Greater Flint Area) - Google Maps

We've been obsessing over it, asking about it, and putting it on everybody's mind for years. If it reappears here long-term, especially if we can get this alleged throwback version here, I think we'll consider it a personal victory.

Let me know if any of you spot it in your areas.

no sorry to say I haven't seen it yet. The coke merchandiser that told me about it, says it shouldn't be too much longer until it is released. But je doesn't know for sure. He knows for SURE it has real sugar. I can't wait until it comes out.

no sorry to say I haven't seen it yet. The coke merchandiser that told me about it, says it shouldn't be too much longer until it is released. But je doesn't know for sure. He knows for SURE it has real sugar. I can't wait until it comes out.
    This could be Part of Coke's 'planning something big', along with Dr Pepper with sugar for Coke bottlers and possibly other sugar versions.

Salute To Soda :: View topic - Throwback type Dr Pepper in January

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK (Page 1)
    I'm hearing the Coke Bottlers are plotting something similar. Can't tell you *what* yet, but they're planning something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK (Page 4)
    What I can say so far about Coke is something BIG is in the works. I'm told Coke does not want to be outdone, so take that as you will.

Mello Yello is also getting My Coke Rewards caps/flaps by the end of this month, so it is going to get some kind of a push, hopefully it won't end up like Pibb Xtra in which many people won't even be available in many areas