Bevboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oh, I tried the recovery today. I wasn't too crazy about it, I'm not sure if it was the bitterness of the lemon juice or the sucralose/ace-k.

Default Cola is like a Pepsi

Grab the cola first. It is pretty good. Don't expect a huge boost but the flavor is nice if you like pepsi. My fav Rockstar is the Zero Carb which is super liquid sweet tarts berry flavor and provides a good boost. You won't have to hide when drinking the Cola though because it looks so damn good

Quote Originally Posted by RootJack View Post
    It's weird. Rockstar is one of the few energy drink brands that I have never tried. It's like some kind of mental block. Every time I think about trying one I think about that goofy looking can in my hand, and I just can't do it. I know it seems silly to be stopped by the packaging, but sadly that is where I am.

So, if I was thinking about jumping this mental hurdle and fighting my demons by actually trying a Rockstar, which one would be THE one to try? Cola? Mango?

That way I can go in the dark of night, quickly grab THE one off the shelf, and slip into a dark corner where no one can see me and that can, and try it.
    banned

Cola and Zero Carb sound interesting. I'll have to bite the bullet.

I'm drinking Recovery right now. It's really good. Just like drinking a country time lemonade. No word on how it's going to effect me energy wise or if I will indeed party like a Rockstar tonight.

I've been looking for the Cola around here, so far haven't found any.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

I finally found the cola, and I have to say that it is the best looking Rockstar can ever. I even walked out of the 7-11 in broad daylight, can in hand.

It pretty much tastes like a cola. About halfway through there was a hint of bitterness, but if you like regular cola taste and want a boost, this isn't bad.

Damn I wanna try both..my favorite ED of all time still stands as Rockstar Punched ..always been a fruit punch fan..and this is great and gives me a good energy boost always.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamCokeman View Post
    Can anyone honestly get excited about this? Is it really doing anything for you Pepsi guys? Buffalo Rock guys around here dogs it just like we did when we had it. It's over for Rockstar. Their time has come and gone.
    Over here in the Cincinnati market, Rockstar is a big seller. It was when Coke had it and since we have gotten it, it has blown up. I don't know about up there about how much Coke was pushing it but they didn't really push it down here. Since we took it over, we have pushed it hard and it has paid off.

Finally saw these locally (at Kroger's convenience store chain Loaf 'N Jug) a couple of days ago. Bought one of the Cola - thought it was pretty good, better than the old Rockstar Cola I remember from a few years ago.

-Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

I have both of them and I tried the Recovery one so far, not bad. I'm not a big lemonade fan but I liked it.

I'm going to try the Cola one next week. I love anything Cola so I think I'll like it.