Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Default Mexican Coke at Wal-Mart:

Hello,
    Much to my surprise this morning the Wallys-Mart in Frederick, Maryland (off route 26) had a shelf full of Mexican Coke in the Glass Bottles. I think they were the non returnable variety. But they looked good. I bought a few at $1.25 each. I didn't take a picture, but you all know what they look like. The thick glass type bottles.

Thank You,
    BOTTLEBOSS

Man, I always feel sorry for you guys up north. Here in TX, Mexican Coke is just about everywhere, Wal-Mart, convenience stores, etc.

Personally, I like Pepsi better than Coke but Coke with real sugar over Pepsi with real sugar anyday.

I hope that made sense...

Where he's at (also where I grew up), there are plenty of Hispanic grocery stores that sell Mexican Coke, along with a bevy of other central/south American beverages. But this is different - this is the official stuff that Coke is importing themselves and distributing through the bottlers.

I've seen the numbers for the East Coast. Sadly, outside of some parts of Florida, they just aren't selling a lot of them to stores. But to get it into a big chain like Wal-Mart is a win. I think it is only in two chain stores in eastern MD/PA - Weis and Redner's. Acme has it as well, but I'm not sure if all of it is coming from Coke or from specialty foods distributors.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to check tomorrow to see if it's in the system in the Wal-Mart I service.

My local Jewel is selling cases of Mexican Coke (glass bottles).
    I was pretty much amazed to see this.
    I did not notice the price.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

In Syracuse, NY Wegmans now carries mexicoke
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

All the Wegmans in upstate NY seem to have them now... Ithaca, Elmira, Binghamton, Syracuse (haven't been up to Rochester in a while but I assume it's there). Also started seeing them in Sam's Clubs around here as well. $19/case there, $26/case at Wegmans (though you can buy a single at $1.50).

So this is actual Mexican Coke with sugar or the secondary Coke production in 8oz bottles?

This is actual Mexican Coke in 12 oz bottles

Tops Markets in New York are now authorized for Mexican Coke. Not sure if this covers all NY stores or just the ones in Buffalo Coke territory.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by wsanders View Post
    This is actual Mexican Coke in 12 oz bottles
    But in 1-way bottles, produced specifically for export to the US.