Bevboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMP EnergyJuice

Default no thanks

Split the mixed berry with 3 others in the office, it was nearly undrinkable. Conceptually I thought it could have legs, but the taste isn't palatable, and the high sugar and calorie count is a turnoff. Seems like it could have been a little more watered down, which would have lowered the calories and actually made it easier to drink.

Default I had the orange

I had the orange and enjoyed it. It is orange but the OJ is cut by the white grape which keeps the acid level down(regular oj gives me heartburn). As for calories it is just the juice. OJ has 122 calories and 29 grams of sugar in an 8 oz glass. Have not tried the Berry yet. I am not an Amp drinker and usually don't like Amp but this time I think they did a good job. Love the little bottle. I would not say it is healthy but it is better for you than downing your usual RB or Monster
    banned

To me, it looks and tastes like old orange juice. I agree it's not as acidic as regular orange juice, but the flavors of the energy ingredients come through too strongly. I wonder if the berry is any better.

Both were very palatable and drinkable..I am a heavy ED person and I couldn't notice much of the "ED" aftertaste some complain of..although it is high in caloric content I think it makes up for it with a decent little buzz. 120mg of caffiene I think???!

The OJ wan't bad definately less acid because of the grape juice stuff. Not too strong of a grape flavor.
    The berry, on the other hand, had a very strong grape flavor. I didn't really get a "berry" flavor, mainly grape.
    This was my first actual "energy drink" and I enjoyed it (Although I don't think I gained any energy).

I tried the orange variety and found the smell of it to be veeerrryyyyy odd. It reminded me of rotten garbage. Did I get a bad bottle or does it really smell that foul? It didn't taste bad per se but the smell was very off-putting.

That said it did give me a nice little energy boost!

After a "month off" I saw some at a supermarket which is kinda strange since this seems to be more of a c-store type product.