Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do the new 2L contour fit in your frig?

I have heard customers are pissed about the contour 2l. they say they have to rearrange their frig because the bottles are too tall and that they tip over too easily. anybody think this is a problem for coke?I like them and i they fit in my frig no problem. We just got the new 2L contour last week in our plant.

They're only half an inch taller. But they do tip over easily. Simple solution would be to lay them on their side. Nobody's too phased about them in my area, because Philadelphia Coke to the east, and ABARTA Coke to the north have had contour 2L since last year.

I didn't even notice they were taller. But the only ones I ever get are Sprite or Diet Sprite and not very often on those. No problems in my fridge. I wish I could say the same about those "super stack" Pringles cans not fitting in my cupboard though!
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Yeah, our reset team had to go out and adjust a lot of shelving so the bottle would fit. Switching to the smaller cap did help - I know in Food Lion I do the taller cap would have required the shelf to move one notch, and the top shelf is already high enough as it is.

Philadelphia Coke uses the taller caps, plus they have Dr Pepper, and the DPS ellipse bottles are actually taller than the Coke contour ones. So they have this huge gap between the top two shelves, and they took out the second to the bottom shelf, and the 12 packs are six high on the bottom. Seems like a rotation nightmare on the slower flavors. They are in the process of switching to the smaller caps now.

have u noticed an increase in sales over the last year? they are telling us that the new bottle should increase sales approx. 10-15%

Yep, they don't fit in my fridge and I actually will not buy them now because of it. I've switched to Pepsi products for any 2 liter drinks I buy.
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Quote Originally Posted by cokeman19 View Post
    have u noticed an increase in sales over the last year? they are telling us that the new bottle should increase sales approx. 10-15%
    Too early to tell, we've only had them for about 11 days. Wal-Mart is running 2L @ $1 all month here, so that should see a lot of action.

laying a bottle on its side helps to accelerate carbonation loss.

I know our sales increased 25% the first ear we had them. They've grown every years since then.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Too early to tell, we've only had them for about 11 days. Wal-Mart is running 2L @ $1 all month here, so that should see a lot of action.
    Passover Coke won't last very long then at 1.00...