Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's up with BAWLZ Guarana

Are these guys still in business? I'm having a hard time finding product and nobody picks up the phone at corporate?

BevNET Guest

While it's hard to say if the company is completely shuttered, they are not operating their office (according the message when you call) and, according to our sources, all but 2 employees (accounting people) had been let go a few weeks back. Last we heard, efforts were underway to sell the brand, but the parties representing the company have not returned phone calls as of late. We've also had correspondence with distributors who are unable to get new orders filled.

If anyone else has info, let us know.

Thanks BevNET.

I do know that Royal Farms (Baltimore-based c-store chain) is firesaleing Bawls 10/$10 right now, to make way for new items in the upcoming resets.

Bawls last posted on their facebook page about a month ago, and lots of people are asking if the company is out of business, saying they can't get it anywhere anymore.

BAWLS Guarana | Facebook

The local small-town grocery store a few blocks from where I live sells Bawls - I even added it to their location finder several years ago. I went in there today and bought 3 bottles, noting they had about 4 cases left. At the checkout counter, I mentioned the company had gone out of business - the checker was like "some people won't be happy about that" and told one of the other checkers what I had told her. I guess it's still in the pipleline here, but I'm guessing that will end soon. Too bad. RIP.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

As I've been talking with distributors the last few months, Bawls tends to come up in the conversation since they also have a caffeinated Root Beer. So far what I've heard is that they shipped like crazy in December and now no one can get hold of them. Even my online retailer, who sells both our products, tells me all attempts at contact with Hoborama since December have failed... no answered phone calls... no e-mail response.

It's sad because it is a great and tasty product. Their loss has been our gain however due to our similar relationship with gamers, and specifically LAN centers. I have started getting calls from businesses trying to find a quick replacement. Despite this, I'd still like to see it come back.

You should try and buy the Bawls trademark RootJack! I bet you could do allright with it. Like you say, good product, loyal following.

Quote Originally Posted by mofizz View Post
    You should try and buy the Bawls trademark RootJack! I bet you could do allright with it. Like you say, good product, loyal following.
    Aye, if we only had that kind of money.

The shipping is a bit steep, but you can always find it at Think Geek.
    ThinkGeek :: Case o' Bawls

With the Jones/Reed's deal and this, I think we're in for an interesting 2010