Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock Coffee

Default Shock Coffee

My company is looking at this product for our convenience division. Curious who has experience with this brand. Comments appreceiated!

Default ok

From a business stand point I have no experience but from personal experience they make some really good drinks. I had some extra sample and I had to fight off friends and family because everyone wanted them.
    banned

if you take on, do not put it in the energy door; it will die. it needs to go in the dairy door with starbucks and monster java and others to have a chance. it was in the midwest 4 years ago. can't find it anymore.

scum1...waiting on samples myself......will keep them hidden from the staff!

jenks....thanks for the heads up on placement!

Default the dairy cooler

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    if you take on, do not put it in the energy door; it will die. it needs to go in the dairy door with starbucks and monster java and others to have a chance. it was in the midwest 4 years ago. can't find it anymore.
    This is a true statement. I co-founded a rtd coffee company, so I can speak to this. For one, you'll never get halfway decent placement if you're trying to get it in the energy cooler. There is no space, and if there is, you'll be on the bottom shelf. In the dairy cooler, it's much easier to get a few glides at eye level, as the rtd coffee competition is much more limited. Granted, the traffic to the energy cooler is probably 10x higher than the traffic to the dairy cooler, but this doesn't matter if your product is placed on the bottom row.

As for it being in the midwest 4 years ago, I'm not surprised you can't find it anymore. The rtd coffee market is just now starting to wake up - 4 years ago it was virtually nonexistent, especially in the midwest. That, and I can't figure out how (without millions to spend) any small beverage company can quickly expand out of their core area and expect to do well in a place where they have no brand awareness, no feet on the street, and nobody to make sure the product is merchandised and in stock. Not trying to be cynical, just think that as a small beverage company you've got to walk before you can run.

If any of you would like to try a few samples of my drink, the Whynatte Latte, send me a message and I'll mail you out a few. We're in about 250 on-premise accounts and 500 off-premise accounts in GA. Definitely staying busy.

Whynatte,

Who distributes your brand in GA?

Quote Originally Posted by boodoo View Post
    Whynatte,

Who distributes your brand in GA?
    United Distributors.

Whynatte,

What are your average case sales/month/store?

Does this poster really think that this is the best way to solicit business?

Bevnet moderators need to delete all the posts.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!