Bevboard

Exclamation

Aspartame has been renamed and is now being marketed as a natural sweetener

http://www.naturalnews.com/028151_as...weeteners.html

(NaturalNews) In response to growing awareness about the dangers of artificial sweeteners, what does the manufacturer of one of the world's most notable artificial sweeteners do? Why, rename it and begin marketing it as natural, of course. This is precisely the strategy of Ajinomoto, maker of aspartame, which hopes to pull the wool over the eyes of the public with its rebranded version of aspartame, called "AminoSweet".[more]
    TRULY SICKENING THE LENGTHS THESE SCUMBAGS WILL GO THRU TO KEEP POISIONING PEOPLE!!

That would be horrible if it was actual poison, but it is not. However they are walking the fence on natural.

"Ajinomoto believes that the time is right to remind the industry that aspartame tastes just like sugar, and that its made from amino acids the building blocks of protein that are abundant in our diet."

I cannot find the actual press release, but since I have seen that statement exactly as is on a couple of websites, I am guessing it came from the release. Everything in that statement is true I believe. The new name is no more hazardous than the name "nutrisweet".

What they are saying on the official website:
    "AminoSweet is a low-calorie sweetening ingredient that tastes just like sugar. It is made from two building blocks of protein just like those found naturally in many everyday foods such as meat, fish, cheese, eggs and milk. AminoSweet is digested by the body in exactly the same way as these other protein foods and so does not bring anything new to the diet."

No real surprises there. It seems to at least gel with the info on Wikipedia, for what that is worth. From there you can also see a lot of details about the fear of aspartame and its global approval.

Aspartame IS poison, I truly believe it. Last summer I went on a diet and gave up all regular drinks. I only drank soft drinks and they were the ones with aspartame. Coke Zero, AW Root Beer, Diet Cherry Pepsi. In August I started to develop headaches daily which by Septmeber was a constant headache, day and night. I was also having awful nausea and neurological problems. It got so bad that in early December after the doctors could find nothing wrong, I almost comitted suicide.

Then someone told me about aspartame but I didn't believe it. They asked me to give it up for a week or two so I went back on regular sodas. Sure enough, about a week later my old self bounced back and I've felt great ever since. I am currently back on a diet but I am drinking sodas with Splenda, which taste a hundred times better than that nasty aspartame, and I feel great. I especially enjoy the Diet Rite sodas. Cola, Cherry Cola, and Tangerine are all great. Pepsi One, Diet Cheerwine and Diet Hansen's also are made with Splenda also. My advice to everyone is stay away from aspartame.

Good for you!!!

Alot of people are sadly in denial and its sad.....

Ya try to help them and you get all kinds of flak

Even though this will probably just fuel your ire, I found an interesting history on aspertame that you might enjoy. Believe it or not, I read the whole thing. I don't normally like to be told I am in "denial". So I followed up with research, and I still don't see any poison proof yet. Someone should do an actual study. Read that history and you'll know what I mean.

The Dangers of Aspartame (Artificial Sweeteners Sugarfree Diet Coke zero No Sugar Added E951)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvFRL...8D7810&index=0

AND READ CONTENT ON THE SIDEBAR TOO.

-- Aspartame (most dangerous chemical additive) accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain. Also known as supplemental L-glutamic acid & aspartic acid. Also known as "AminoSweet", which is new.

What I find extremely entertaining is that all the money the anti-aspartame groups have spent on bungling the legal system, not once did they attempt to fund an actual study to hopefully prove their point. One solid study is all they need to make a case, but they didn't and won't fund it. That seems very odd to me. Sounds like they are just as unorganized as the original company who created the product in the first place.

Again, if you read that document I posted, you will see what I mean.

The headline and article are very misleading.

Aspartame has NOT been renamed. Ajinmoto has branded THEIR aspartame AminoSweet.

Sweeteners, like medications, have brand names and generic names. The generic name is aspartame, the brand names include Equal and NutraSweet, and now AminoSweet.

Similarly, sucralose is branded as Splenda, JKSweet, and Altern.

Like with medication, after the original patent expires, the market is open to generics.

This is just a business move on Ajinmoto's part to revive sinking aspartame sales. Aspartame has been losing market share steadily to sucralose for years.

There are probably almost as many scaremongering articles and websites out there about sucralose as aspartame. So don't go painting it as a savior.

Personally, I like my beverages to be sweetened with sucrose.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion
    Aspartame has been losing market share steadily to sucralose for years.
    Yes because more people are finding out THE TRUTH about this garbage... (NOT NEARLY ENOUGH THOUGH!!!)

I think the theories about aspartame causing headaches are probably true. I had really bad headaches over the past week, and after making several adjustments to my diet, I found that eliminating aspartame made them go away. I've determined that I can take one or two servings a day, but anything more than that will lead to headaches.

That said, I think a lot of these reports on aspartame display sensationalism at its worst. The same kind that has led to all of these threats towards politicians following the passing of the healthcare bill. Aspartame is not poison... it just doesn't agree with some people, and much like with any ingredient found in food, you can't want to have too much of it. If those are the standards we're using, we might as well declare milk as a poisonous beverage since a lot of people are lactose intolerant.