Bevboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Anybody seen new Democracy cans out yet?

Just wondering if anyone has seen any Mountain Dew Democracy cans in their area yet? I thought it was supposed to begin in April, but no luck around here as of yet.
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has seen any Mountain Dew Democracy cans in their area yet? I thought it was supposed to begin in April, but no luck around here as of yet.
    Its due out today (New products come out on Mondays).

My paperwork said the second week of April..but that IS an estimate. Dont jump the gun..its usually either a week earlier or a week or two later. Manufacturing problems can arise..just like the 20oz Pet Sobe bottles right now..a bunch of conversion manufacturing problems have occured causing flavors to not be available..but the ones that are available are selling like crazy!

Thanks guys. I'll keep my eyes out. I did actually go out yesterday to see if it was in stores here yet - no luck! If only I had patience...
    Jack's Mom

Have yet to look for them, but I will.. The gas station not even a block away from my house was the FIRST to get the other DEWmocracys, before anywhere else. So maybe that'll be the case this time around. I'll check there later when I go to get gas.

will try when they come.

I just found 12-packs of Mountain Dew Typhoon (tropical punch flavor) and Mountain Dew Distortion (lime flavor). They were on sale 4 for $11, so I promptly bought 4 12-packs of Distortion and 4 12-packs of Typhoon. They are chilling in the fridge now - will update once I taste them. I wonder why they didn't have the third flavor? Oh well.
    Jack's Mom

*Update* I tried both of them. Typhoon basically tastes like your average fruit punch soda - good, but nothing to brag about. Maybe it will grow on me. Let me preface this next thought by saying that I am a huge fan of lime, but the Distortion, even for me, was a little too strong with the lime flavor. It was very tart and could have used another flavor to balance out the tartness of the lime with some sweetness. I think if they just would have mixed it a little it would have turned out great. All in all, I like both of them, but the lime is a bit too much for me. I'm looking forward to trying White Out, their supposed "citrus"flavor (isn't that what Mtn. Dew already was?) I'm going to go out on a limb here and call it already for the White Out flavor, since I don't think consumers will be drawn to either of the ones I've tried so far.
    Jack's Mom

Just saw the tags for 12pk cans come in for my food lions.

Smile

Last update - I got a hold of Mountain Dew White Out this morning (just in a 20 oz. bottle). As I suspected, this is IMO the best of the three. It has a nice grapefruit flavor without being too overpowering and tastes the least artificial of the three. I'll give it some more time to see how I feel after drinking several of them, but I'm pretty sure my vote goes to White Out. All in all, very different flavors from the first Dewmocracy, so hats off to Mountain Dew for at least being creative.
    Jack's Mom