Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Pepper Ten

Default Dr Pepper Ten

Has anyone seen the new Dr Pepper Ten? I found this at a WalMart on January 16th and learned later that it's part of a test being done in only six markets nationwide. The only mention I could find of this product was an article posted in the Dallas Morning News that describes it as a drink being marketed to young men.

For those who are just now hearing about this it is a ten calorie version of Dr Pepper and is sweetened by no less than three sweeteners: HFCS, aspartame and acesulfame potassium. It also has a higher caffeine content with 51mg's per 12oz serving. The product is so new that it actually has a 2011 copyright date on it.

So far I've only seen this in WalMart stores here in San Antonio and is available only in 12-packs of 12oz cans and 2 liter bottles. Austin, TX is also supposed to be a test market and the only other city in Texas that is getting it. I haven't heard anything about the other four test markets around the country but I'd assume that they would all be in areas with strong Dr Pepper sales.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've tried it - it's completely un-special to me. It tastes OK but not really any better than Diet Pepper. If I want real Pepper, I'll buy it. Diet Pepper is already a good product. A bridge between them to me is unnecessary.

I got mine in Fort Collins, CO on Monday.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

No reason to want this. DDP Cherry is outstanding.
    banned

Two of the other test markets are Pueblo and Denver CO.

Glad that someone finally posted a picture of it.

I'm curious to see how it fares in the test markets.

Default Dr. Pepper 10 in Kansas City too

I picked some up on the 16th at a Walmart Market - had it in 2-liters, and 20oz bottles. Grocery store had it in 2-liters and 12-packs of cans.

We also have Pibb Zero here, and that tastes less like diet than even diet Dr. Pepper...however, Dr. Pepper 10 beats them all.
    I've sampled it with some people that don't care for *any* Dr. Pepper flavor, and they liked it.

I've never heard of it before, I need to go to Walmart soon and hope to find it there.

Is it possible to make 1/2 dr pepper and 1/2 diet dr pepper and bottle/can it?

This would probably be hard to do but...........I think a lot of people would like it. i always pour 1/2 coke and half diet coke at a fountain or order it that way in a restaurant.

Couln't this solve a lot of calorie issues and keep from having 3 or more sweeteners in one soda?

What would the label look like???????????????

If this stuff makes it nationwide, I'd certainly like to try it. At least we have the Diet Dr Pepper Cherry here; it's really good.

I wish the folks at CCBCC would put Pibb Zero on the shelves around here. They sell Pibb Xtra, but not Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by cokeman19 View Post
    Is it possible to make 1/2 dr pepper and 1/2 diet dr pepper and bottle/can it?

This would probably be hard to do but...........I think a lot of people would like it. i always pour 1/2 coke and half diet coke at a fountain or order it that way in a restaurant.

Couln't this solve a lot of calorie issues and keep from having 3 or more sweeteners in one soda?

What would the label look like???????????????
    Coke and Diet Coke aren't the same formula, Coke Zero would be what you are looking to mix with Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusCola View Post

I wish the folks at CCBCC would put Pibb Zero on the shelves around here. They sell Pibb Xtra, but not Zero.
    Have you tried the "new" Pibb Xtra? They changed the formula slightly, it reminds me more of the old Mr. Pibb. You can tell if it's new if you see the copyright of 2010 on the packaging, plus "artifically flavored spicy cherry" on the bottle/can/label.