Bevboard

Default Chicago Pepsi 20ct cases

It appears that the Chicago market now has the Pepsi brands 20ct cases.
    They are on sale for $4.99 at Joe Caputo and Sons. I'm sure the chain grocery
    stores will have them too. I'm not too thrill with these 20cts, I still would rather
    buy fridge packs. I wonder how these 20 cts will sell? I'm guessing that Coke and Pepsi
    will have a nice hot sale war for the summer and longer.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 06-03-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Right now the war's been ongoing in the local Wal-Marts since the release of the movie Avatar, $5 24-ct Coke and Pepsi products galore. I thought it might be just a sale for a week, but its been at least 3 or 4 weeks now, and both keep restocking.

Wrong. It's not a price war at all. Wal-Mart is choosing to promote the 24 pack cans at $5. They've been that price for at least two and a half months here, with no end in sight.

20 packs are hidden around hear in alot of supermarkets. Saw a Fifa Coke promo with lots of different 20 packs yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    It appears that the Chicago market now has the Pepsi brands 20ct cases.
    They are on sale for $4.99 at Joe Caputo and Sons. I'm sure the chain grocery
    stores will have them too. I'm not too thrill with these 20cts, I still would rather
    buy fridge packs. I wonder how these 20 cts will sell? I'm guessing that Coke and Pepsi
    will have a nice hot sale war for the summer and longer.
    Pepsi had the 20 packs here, but it seemed like an in-and-out package. Philadelphia Coke is sticking with the 24 pack for all their chain stores, but we've switched to 20 packs for everyone except Wal-Mart, and the few Acme stores in our area.

There is also a lot of coupon promotion with the 20 packs - tied in with snacks, summer grilling items, and so on. They actually do well for us. $5.99 in most stores, which is a good deal when 12 pack cans are off sale.