Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally got my mello yello

So I'm vacationing in Tennessee right now and mello yello is everywhere. I love it

I'm finding it here and there, but in plenty of stores now.

customer told me the other day people are liking it more than dew.

It is pretty much everywhere(with the new logo) in my area...no commercial/radio support ..I see many random coupons..but it doesn't move still. I saw someone drinking a 20oz in the grocery store today..that was a first...

Quote Originally Posted by cokeman19 View Post
    customer told me the other day people are liking it more than dew.
    Can it compete with the return of Dew Throwback?

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    It is pretty much everywhere(with the new logo) in my area...no commercial/radio support ..I see many random coupons..but it doesn't move still. I saw someone drinking a 20oz in the grocery store today..that was a first...
    I figured you might be the one to say it's still not moving, so got a little info for you. Yes we are running a promo right now for 79 cents, but I got a few stores to pull their units sold for the month of May last month. For example, the top store in my territory sold 112 cases of Yello 20 oz compared to 67 Dew. This is scan data just so you know. The other two that scan, have the same 2 to 1 ratio. Also customers that dont scan say that Dew sales have been cut in half. Now, who knows what will happen when we go back to $1.39(if we do), but I know right now it's getting into their sales. It has helped the strategy we have had. We've put up a fight, and have pushed it instead of just sitting back and seeing what it would do.

Still not in KC anywhere yet.

Thanks Bham..heh I guess I put myself out there enough to be know for things such as that. However you kind of said it yourself..79cent price promo will annihilate the competition as far as case movement but thats a temporary boost. Just like with Vault's initial offering. However MY is far more established so it does have consumer awareness..could you imagine Dew dropping to 79cents? Ever? It would be impossible to keep in the store. Mt.Dew 20oz is the #1 CSD cold drink in the country. A few victories here and there are nice to spotlight..you can always win a few battles..but its the war that matters ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    Thanks Bham..heh I guess I put myself out there enough to be know for things such as that. However you kind of said it yourself..79cent price promo will annihilate the competition as far as case movement but thats a temporary boost. Just like with Vault's initial offering. However MY is far more established so it does have consumer awareness..could you imagine Dew dropping to 79cents? Ever? It would be impossible to keep in the store. Mt.Dew 20oz is the #1 CSD cold drink in the country. A few victories here and there are nice to spotlight..you can always win a few battles..but its the war that matters ;-).
    Pepsi doesn't even put out as much coupons as Coke does. Some Coke coupons may make Mello Yello almost free (except tax and deposit). Coke Rewards and RecycleBank coupons would make 20 oz Mello Yello just tax and deposit only.

Dew Drinkers would be better off with the 2 liters than 20 oz, MUCH cheaper when on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Themaster73 View Post
    Dew Drinkers would be better off with the 2 liters than 20 oz, MUCH cheaper when on sale.
    Price and quantity are not usually what drives a purchase of a 20oz soft drink.
    Speaking for myself,I'm very frugal with my money. I buy my soda pop on sale
    and keep a decent back stock. How ever, I "grab and go" 20oz soda pops all the time
    at gas stops, connivance stores, local delivery restaurants ect. I'm willing to pay
    $1.39 or so for a nice refreshing serving of soda pop that I can enjoy while
    hanging out and about.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 06-15-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba