Bevboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Dr Pepper w/sugar and Cherry Diet Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper is going to have a special logo for being 125 years old.

The Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is coming to new england in 20 oz

Mello Yello is coming to supermarkets in 500ml 6packs in the New England area.
    Last edited by cokeman19; 07-04-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Bad info.

Sugar Dr Pepper is coming out next week, in areas where CCE has Dr Pepper. Not sure about other bottlers. 125th anniversary packaging with HFCS soda also coming out.

Diet Cherry DP is already out. CCE is just expanding the packaging offerings, adding 2Ls and 20oz. Philadelphia Coke and Pepsi down here already sell it in all three packages.

And, as far as I know, the 500ml 6pk Mello Yello is only for Alabama/Tennessee. They have all the packaging down there - 24 packs, 20 packs, 16oz, etc.

we are getting the mello yello 500 ml here in new england.

i haven't seen any 2l here just 12packs and 20 oz so far.

i'd like to have a blind taste test of mello yello and dew.

i think they pretty much taste the same but i'm not an expert by any means.
    Last edited by cokeman19; 07-04-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Just found the Dr. Pepper made with sugar today here in SoCal. After reading about Heritage for months, I was quite excited to finally see this!

The store had a "buy two get three free" deal, so I now I have six 12-packs of it (costing $2 a piece).

Although the packaging does not say it is "Heritage," on the receipt it was listed as "Dr. Pepper Heritage." This packaging does refer to the 125 years as the OP mentioned. The box shows several different versions of the cans that are inside.

Whether this is Dr. Pepper with Sugar or Dr. Pepper Heritage, I can only say that it's good!
    Last edited by atrac; 07-04-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Last edited by cokeman19; 07-04-2010 at 12:15 AM.

That's news to me about the 6pk Mello Yello. I haven't heard anything about us getting it in Maryland.

My hunch is that DPS used the same UPC for Heritage DP and this new 125th anniversary packaging. I know they didn't change the UPCs when Coke bottlers switched to contour, though Coke changed all their UPCs.

Can anybody who has tasted Dublin Dr. Pepper comment on the taste? Curious to know how much effort I should put into finding this.

I drove to another state for the DP Heritage and was disappointed.
    Favorite Sodas
    1. Coke (sucrose)
    2. Boylan Black Cherry
    3. Dublin Dr. Pepper
    4. MexiCoke
    5. Passover Pepsi
    6. Wild Cherry Pepsi (formerly #1 before sugar)
    7. Vanilla Coke (god I miss this in sucrose, tasty!)

Dubin DP is heaven in a bottle. I stumbled upon some during a road trip many moons ago in Staunton VA from the Dr Pepper distributor there. I grabbed 4 6 packs of it. Looking back, I wish I had gotten more. That was the only time I ever saw them carry it. Haven't seen it anywhere else since.

I'd love to go to Dublin once and try it right off the line.

Perhaps the 125th anniversary stuff will taste different than the Heritage. I know there are differences between the taste of the Pepsi-bottled DP and the Coke-bottled DP here. You live in CCE territory, so you should be able to find the 125th stuff very soon. The company wants it on a special display, but not on the shelf in the soda aisle. But sometimes, that just isn't going to happen.

I wish I could get MY in something other than 20oz.

Hmm. The Northwest is apparently a big 1L market, and Mello Yello was planned to be released in 1Ls there. Can't verify if it happened or not. I do know that cans and 2L aren't in the plans, at least for now.