Bevboard

Default Alcohol Energy Beverage Startup

I'm currently doing research on caffeinated alcoholic beverages because I'm in the process f writing a business plan. I want to eventually start my own beverage company within the next couple of years following graduation and need some help or advice.

With all due respect, you should investigate the state of the category first.
    The energy/alcohol categroy is under the gun. It is an easy target for any and everyone form parents to politicians.
    Many are coming under intense scrutiny and may be forced out of the market place.
    g
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Yea I've been reading a lot of articles about government officials being against those drinks. It's more related to the grass root promotional strategies that these companies use; when purchasing a drink, its hard to tell the difference between an energy drink and alcoholic beverage. But your right, it would be wise to wait to see if these products get forced out of the market or not; but whose to say when that'll be.

".....it would be wise to wait to see if these products get forced out of the market or not; but whose to say when that'll be."
    Not trying to be a smartass but I can tell you a myriad of agencies that have the say of when these beverage marketers have to take their products off the shelf.

I agree!! So now I'm guessing I have to put all research and plans aside temporarily or just forget about the idea entirely?

I'm not telling you to forego your idea. I'm just saying its hard to get traction on a lsipper slope. I would study the category and stay up to date on the legal proceedings the leaders, as well as the "other" drinks are having to deal with.
    The best place to be in when it all falls out is in a position to move swiftly to fill gaps left over by the players that have to reformulate, change packaging, or totally have to do a 180 in their marketing.