Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Lime Crush is here!

Hello!

I went into Food Maxx yesterday to get a few things. I glanced over at the long soda aisle and right away I saw the Crush display but this time it looked a bit different. Yes, there were green 12 packs!

Indeed it was Lime Crush and I wasted no time throwing a couple 12 packs in my basket. Then when I was at the check stand I noticed they had ice cold 20 oz. plastic bottle of Lime Crush in the little fridge so I grabbed one of those and as soon as I got in the car I popped it open.

I also had a can of it later before I went to bed. I enjoyed it out of the can much better. I think it's a really good, refreshing drink and a great looking can! I wish it was a little more tart but all in all a very good drink.

Let's see where it ranks on my Crush list...

1. Peach Crush
    2. Cherry Crush
    3. Strawberry Crush
    4. Lime Crush
    5. Pineapple Crush
    6. Orange Crush
    7. Grape Crush
    8. Diet Orange Crush
    9. Tropical Punch Crush
    10. Cream Crush

I was watching an old Andy Griffith Show the other day and Floyd the barber mentioned that he had just drank a Nectarine Crush. I wonder if that was really a flavor at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I was watching an old Andy Griffith Show the other day and Floyd the barber mentioned that he had just drank a Nectarine Crush. I wonder if that was really a flavor at one point?
    Not listed in Wiki...
    Crush (beverage) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I saw it in 12 packs yesterday, but didn't pick any up.

I really am interested in trying it soon though, especially if it's cold.

I got it at a Village Pantry in Indianapolis the other day, it's tasty.

Steve

Frankly, I wasn't too impressed with Crush Lime.

It tastes fake and syrupy. It reminds me of one of those frozen ice pops you find in the plastic tubes. Just melt a lime-flavored one and you've got Crush Lime. I'm not sure how the U.S. version stacks up to the type they have in Canada, but I was unimpressed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerman View Post

It tastes fake and syrupy. It reminds me of one of those frozen ice pops you find in the plastic tubes. Just melt a lime-flavored one and you've got Crush Lime. I'm not sure how the U.S. version stacks up to the type they have in Canada, but I was unimpressed.

I read your review - so disappointing. I'm still hoping to try some. Between this and Mtn. Dew Distortion, I can't figure out why it's so hard to make a good tasting lime drink, although I have yet to try the Sunkist Citrus Fusion (hoping that comes out here soon). Good review though!
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerman View Post

Thanks for the review, makes me feel better for not buying some.

Tried it. will drink it again down the road...but never will I buy a 12 pack.

I did buy a 12 pack.I can drink it, but I am not very impressed with it.I did love lime Coke, wish it was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsmith117 View Post
    I did buy a 12 pack.I can drink it, but I am not very impressed with it.I did love lime Coke, wish it was still around.
    I see Lime Coke everywhere here.