Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is the Coke "ribbon" gone for good?

Somebody noticed in another thread that the new 20oz label doesn't have the ribbon. i didn't even notice when the new labels came out. Now I'm wondering if this is not a good idea and whether it will come back soon.

Do people really care or will they just buy it anyway???????

No ribbon no Coke for me. Look, people are going to buy Coca-Cola with or without the ribbon. I doubt anyone looks for that when making a cola purchase.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I'm sure it's just a temporary design decision. They've removed the ribbon before (like in the late 90s) and brought it back a few years later. The current design seems to focus on the script, so there's no room for the ribbon.

That's my take on it.

Probably they'll remove it on the labels but not on the cans...

I dont like the logo without the ribbon. They did this in the late 80s and the late 90s and in the last few years on their flavored colas. Without the dynamic ribbon it seems empty. What they started in 1970 might have originally been a trend but it built equity and is now associated with the brand.

I also wanted to add that... you might not know it but the Coca-Cola script has slightly changed 10 times over the last 25 years.

Caffeine Free Coke seems to be the only one still with a ribbon, but thats because it hasn't been updated.
    Also if theres no room for the ribbon (even tho the contour 2 liter did have the ribbon for a few months before it got removed), they could just make it like the early 90's ribbon and go thru the script.
    I dont think its a question of whether people will buy coke with or without the ribbon, hell did pepsi lose anyone when they change their logo to that smiling thing now? most likely not.

Also heres said pic of the 2 liter when it had the ribbon. (yes thats me in the pic)
    Last edited by PepsiBlue; 10-05-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Is the ribbon gone from all Coke products now (including Coke Zero)?

I agree that I prefer the logo with the wave/ribbon, but it won't alter my purchasing habits at all. I like Coke Zero, therefore, I drink...

Well said.
    I'm with you on that. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

People lets get it correct. It is "the Dynamic Ribbon Device". Okay?
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?