Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default DEWmocracy Reviews!!!

Well... this is my review of the DEWmocracy flavors

Revolution : Wild Berry : Rating : 5/10

Okay, first off... Its not as bad as everyone says it is, but its probably the worst of the three. It tastes very much like Baja Blast but Baja Blast is still better. The smell will burn your nose if you sniff it too hard. The flavor is okay but not great and doesnt really seem like a mountain dew flavor other than the fact it is similar to Baja Blast. The name is horrible! I could not picture myself saying "Ohhh I just love this Mountain Dew Revolution" Overall,, its okay.. but not the greatest. 5/10

Supernova : Strawberry Melon : Rating : 7/10

Well I must say this sure is a nice flavor, one problem. too sweet. It isnt bad at all, but its way too sweet. The smell is GREAT! The name I dont like so much. But its better than Revolution i guess. It doesnt taste like any other drink ive ever had. Its nice to have a soda with a new flavor. Overall, its pretty good, good smell, good flavor, too sweet. 7/10

Voltage : Raspberry Citrus : Rating : 9/10

This is my favorite flavor of the DEWmocracy flavors. It does taste like something Ive had before and it took quite some time to figure it out but I got it. It tastes like the blue ice sicles, the ones that are in the liquid tubes and you put in the freezer, it tastes like the juice from the blue flavor. The smell is not that great. It definately wins the award for the best design and name of the dewmocracy sodas. It tastes great. This is definately my vote for DEWmocracy. Although, it probably wont win despite votes anyway. Pepsi knows blue drinks fail, so Supernova will probably win. Which isnt a bad thing, Supernova is good. As long as Revolution doesnt win. 9/10

Also.. I tried the Doritos Quest
    Eauhh... wont eat them again

Pictures

Supernova

Revolution

Voltage

All 3
    Last edited by Troy The Vault Drinker; 05-22-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Everyone who is posting these Dewmocracy reviews is making me jealous!! None of the three have even came out where I live yet, so I still can't try them and I'm starting to get a little impatient!

Sorta reminds me of when Coke Zero and then Vault were rolled out.
    Parts of the country were slow to get them. Heck I recall that there
    were cans and bottles of each brand on EBay even as new product
    was hitting the shelf. Oh the pain of a new brand. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Hey Troy, thanks for starting up this thread. I'm a fan of centralization... especially as more of these reviews come out.

Anyway, the other day I was on a walk and came upon a bottle of Mountain Dew Supernova at a Walgreen's here in Chicago. They didn't have the other two flavors yet, unfortunately. In any case, I picked up the bottle, and is my goofy custom, shot some photos of the bottle next to the "beverage tree"

Overall, I was very unimpressed.

This is obviously a drink that was driven by a marketing need, not a flavor one. Definitely not worthy to be one of the 3 finalists in the DEWmocracy campaign, because if this is what "the next Mountain Dew" is like, I don't want it.

This tasted like a syrupy, fake-flavor strawberry soda, similar in execution to Fanta Strawberry, Tropicana Twister Strawberry, and Strawberry Crush. It hides behind the brand awareness of Mountain Dew and the inclusion of ginseng, because as a stand-alone product, it's not new or innovative.

Lackluster at best.

(So yeah, I'm not a fan. Full review here for those wanting to read more babbling )
    Last edited by Tannerman; 05-23-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Voltage is by far the best one. Revolutionis missing something, the taste just goes flat and then Supernova is all syrup no true taste. Voltage actually tastes a lot like the New blue amp.

I have the fortune of purchasing these while on vacation in Ohio. They were put in the fridge immediately upon returning to Canada where my gf and I would consume and review them.

Day #1 Wildberry

We both really liked the taste of this one as well as the colour. It had a great berry flavour that was distictive enough to be different than the other Dews out there. It even gave me an opportunity to kinda rub salt into the wounds of my local Coke rep (we just had Fanta Wildberry discontinued here in Canada) as I said to him, "Wow, a wildberry soda that actually doesn't suck" He smiled, I would give it a 8/10

Day #3 Raspberry

We both LOVED this one! It tastes just like the blue Koolaid we love only carbonated. I would definately buy cases of this regularly and add it to my fridge on a regular basis. I will rejoice if this flavour wins. 10/10

Day #4 Strawberry Melon

We were both disappointed in this one the most. Tasted like someone made a coctail of Mountain Dew and cough syrup. The fake strawberry flavour is so awful. The melon(?) flavour does not save this one. Why can't anything strawberry flavoured (other than strawberry ice cream) taste like a STRAWBERRY??? Fake strawberry (second only to fake banana) is by far the worst flavour in the world and adding it to this soda was a disaster. The only thing I did like was the colour. Hell, you could make the raspberry one this colour and it would be cool. The colour is like no other Dew. 3/10

I will definately pick up a 12 pack or 2 on my next trip to the US. Thanks for reading

Mkay on scale of 1-10:

Voltage is by far the best i rate it a 9. It is a little to sweet it would be ok if the flavor was stronger but it is still great.

Supernova is second i rate it a 6. WAY to sweet for my taste. It tastes like a mix of stale code red and Game Fuel but is still better than revolution.)

Revolution is horrific i wanted to chug a bottle of bleach after drinking this i rate it a 0. Take a club soda and add a very small diet blueberry flavor and thats what it tastes like.
    Life is MUCH sweeter on the DEW side!

It double posted but i deleted and sorry for the HUGE images i took the pics with my Env but i didnt realize they would come out this big but atleast its good quality .
    Life is MUCH sweeter on the DEW side!

If you're really impatient and want to get the new flavors asap. There's a few listings on Ebay selling them.

^^^^^^ your not missing much....no need to be in a rush to try