Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did Coke II (New Coke) taste similar to Pepsi Throwback?

Did Coke II (New Coke) taste similar to Pepsi Throwback?

The ingredients (other than HFCS and sugar) are similar except Pepsi has Caffeine higher on the list and less Natural Flavors

No. "New Coke" tasted like Diet Coke, only made with sugar rather than whatever. Diet Coke is, and always has been, Diet "New Coke", and Coke Zero is really the diet version of the real Coca-Cola.

Quote Originally Posted by SamC View Post
    No. "New Coke" tasted like Diet Coke, only made with sugar rather than whatever. Diet Coke is, and always has been, Diet "New Coke", and Coke Zero is really the diet version of the real Coca-Cola.
    New Coke didn't have Citric Acid in it like Diet Coke has

It never tasted like Pepsi throwback because it never contained sugar, it was always corn syrup. The closest thing that I can think of that tastes like Coke II is Faygo cola but the stores around here no longer carry it, thats my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by XLS_04 View Post
    It never tasted like Pepsi throwback because it never contained sugar, it was always corn syrup. The closest thing that I can think of that tastes like Coke II is Faygo cola but the stores around here no longer carry it, thats my opinion anyway.
    KP New Coke and the international versions (like Micronesia) did have sucrose instead of HFCS
    Last edited by Themaster73; 10-18-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themaster73 View Post
    KP New Coke and the international versions (like Micronesia) did have sucrose instead of HFCS
    I did not know the version in Micronesia had sucrose in it, thanks for clearing that up.

In blind taste tests, new Coke tasted better than, both, Coke Classic & Pepsi. Unfortunately for the Coca-Cola Co (or maybe fortunately), most people don't drink their soda with a blindfold on...

Nope...they drink it because of the brand. Pure ignorance.

Coke II did not taste like Pepsi Throwback.

Coke II had, among other things, a hint of coffee in its after taste. For all that it was supposed to taste like Pepsi, I never found it to be like Pepsi at all, which is why I liked it - I find regular Pepsi much too sweet. While Pepsi Throwback is better than regular Pepsi, it was still much sweeter than I remember Coke II being.

New Coke/Coke II was sweeter than Coca-Cola Classic, but not especially so. I sure wish they would bring it back; I've written the Coca-Cola company expressing that opinion, but I was (understandably) rebuffed I am probably the world's biggest fan of the stuff, and there just aren't that many of us out there.

Check out my new blog (which I've only just begun): "New Coke"/Coke II: The Blog

Talking

They don't taste the same to me.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...