Bevboard

Thread: Lime sodas

Default Lime sodas

On a recent visit to SW Virginia, I found a couple of lime sodas: Lime Crush (which I've not been able to find around my home) and Diet Green River. The kids loved the Lime Crush, and I really enjoyed the Diet Green River. I'm surprised that lime sodas like these aren't more popular.

I think Jarritos makes the best lime soda - very refreshing without being overly sweet. Much better than either the Stewart's Key Lime soda or the Lime Crush, IMHO.
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?

I concur. Lime Jarritos is simply wonderful.

Lime Crush is, much to my disappointment, total crap. IMO, easily the worst product in the Crush line (that I've tried, anyway).

I forgot to mention, I also found Sunkist Citrus Fusion on this trip. It's listed as a "lime citrus" soda. I've not tried it yet.

There's also Canada Dry Lime (not ginger ale) which is available in southern NJ, Philadelphia metro, northern DE, and a bit of eastern MD. I haven't had any in a while, so I don't remember exactly how it tastes. I do know that I remember liking it better than Lime Crush.

Here's a pic of their full lineup of flavors. Vanilla cream is also available in a bit of wider area, like central MD, parts of VA, etc. There is also a cherry soda, but it's only in 2L.

If anyone's ever going up/down I-95 and passing through Delaware, shoot me a PM, I can give you directions to a deli that sells these (that's where I took the pic). It's about a 10 minute diversion from the interstate, but the upside is you bypass the $4 toll. They have a fairly decent selection of drinks, warm and cold, and in the fall, they sell half gallons of apple cider from a nearby orchard. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by treetoptom View Post
    I think Jarritos makes the best lime soda - very refreshing without being overly sweet. Much better than either the Stewart's Key Lime soda or the Lime Crush, IMHO.
    Lime Jarritos is amazing.

Mexican pop eh? Will give it a try. Since that stuff is everywhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    There's also Canada Dry Lime (not ginger ale) which is available in southern NJ, Philadelphia metro, northern DE, and a bit of eastern MD. I haven't had any in a while, so I don't remember exactly how it tastes. I do know that I remember liking it better than Lime Crush.

Here's a pic of their full lineup of flavors. Vanilla cream is also available in a bit of wider area, like central MD, parts of VA, etc. There is also a cherry soda, but it's only in 2L.

If anyone's ever going up/down I-95 and passing through Delaware, shoot me a PM, I can give you directions to a deli that sells these (that's where I took the pic). It's about a 10 minute diversion from the interstate, but the upside is you bypass the $4 toll. They have a fairly decent selection of drinks, warm and cold, and in the fall, they sell half gallons of apple cider from a nearby orchard. Yum.
    I do not get why this type of stuff is not available here.